Heroes and Villans
Aug 12, 2009
Emerald State
LA:
Alexander Wennberg

Columbus:
Jack Campbell
Tyler Toffoli

Change of scenery trade with Wennberg and Toffoli.
Kings gamble Wennberg can be 2nd line center again.
Jackets gamble that Toffoli can score 20-25 goals again and Campbell can be at least a 1B starter. Also get cheap replacements (kind of) for Bob and Pan if they leave.

Thoughts?

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
i dont like it. wennberg’s woes wont be solved on this kings team. toffoli likely has value to a contender like the blue jackets, but id rather the kings get back a pick or prospect. wennberg is only two years younger than toffoli

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
i dont like it. wennberg’s woes wont be solved on this kings team. toffoli likely has value to a contender like the blue jackets, but id rather the kings get back a pick or prospect. wennberg is only two years younger than toffoli
Toffoli doesn't actually have as much value to us in particular because, with the sole exception of Panarin, all our best established wingers are right-shot RWs (Atkinson, Bjorkstrand, Anderson) - and Panarin is a right-shot LW. And we'd also be more inclined to take picks, for what are probably obvious reasons. :)

For the record, also, we've got a lot of young good goaltenders in the pipeline, so I'm not sure about Campbell. Could work out, but. :dunno:

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Toffoli doesn't actually have as much value to us in particular because, with the sole exception of Panarin, all our best established wingers are right-shot RWs (Atkinson, Bjorkstrand, Anderson) - and Panarin is a right-shot LW. And we'd also be more inclined to take picks, for what are probably obvious reasons. :)

For the record, also, we've got a lot of young good goaltenders in the pipeline, so I'm not sure about Campbell. Could work out, but. :dunno:

that’s fine - although toffoli plays both wings - but the kings arent really in a position to swap toffoli for wennberg is all i was saying. kings want players they can develop, they actually have a logjam of mediocre forwards lol

Reactions: Viqsi

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
LA:
Alexander Wennberg

Columbus:
Jack Campbell
Tyler Toffoli

Change of scenery trade with Wennberg and Toffoli.
Kings gamble Wennberg can be 2nd line center again.
Jackets gamble that Toffoli can score 20-25 goals again and Campbell can be at least a 1B starter. Also get cheap replacements (kind of) for Bob and Pan if they leave.

Thoughts?

Take out Campbell and it’s ok. We’re not looking to move Campbell and nothing offered makes us want to. If you want a goalie Quick is the one LA should be moving.

verbalkint47

Heroes and Villans
Aug 12, 2009
Emerald State
@Viqsi
I was thinking of a hockey trade but understand Columbus would want draft picks.
I'd offer a mid round pick tho. The Kings should look to buy low on a young player. If he regains his form on a new team with a new coach then they have solid center depth again. Worst case scenario he is an expensive 3rd line center and the Kings still suck.

Porkins - Kopi - Brown
Iafallo - Wennberg - Kovy
Grundstrum - Kempe - Carter
Clifford - Amadio - Lewis

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
@Viqsi
I was thinking of a hockey trade but understand Columbus would want draft picks.
I'd offer a mid round pick tho. The Kings should look to buy low on a young player. If he regains his form on a new team with a new coach then they have solid center depth again. Worst case scenario he is an expensive 3rd line center and the Kings still suck.

Porkins - Kopi - Brown
Iafallo - Wennberg - Kovy
Grundstrum - Kempe - Carter
Clifford - Amadio - Lewis
In that case, a conditional picks arrangement might be best, because we wouldn't want to take the risk of getting badly ripped off by selling low.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad