Eklund Rumor: (LA/CHI)Toews & Keith for Doughty & top prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
HUGE rumor.....

Ok...So this is why I LOVE the NHL Trade Freeze.

Deals like this next one can actually be discussed!

Drew Doughty and Top Prospect for Jonathan Toews and Duncan Keith.

This is the kind of deal you rarely see and yet this deal comes down to two teams moving around three contracts which are otherwise deemed unmovable.

The Hawks would get to make an impact with Doughty. and will be on the books with him until 2027. The Prospect, whose name I was not told, would be an A prospect not yet in the NHL. The Kings would get a true leader in Toews, who would bring some excitement and stability and is signed until 2023. Keith is signed until 2024.

The source that told me this said he believes Keith could be moved again...possibly to Florida for Anton Stralman...

In terms of dollar figures, this may be the biggest rumor I have ever heard in this complete of a form. It is currently at the e3 level, but I am waiting on a source that could move this to an e4 as early as today...

Reactions: d rake

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
This is one of those "I don't like that for either team" trades.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
upload_2019-12-21_15-58-26.gif

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
When was the last time Eklund called a trade

he actually did call one this year I remember but I cant remember for the life of me what one it was .... It was funny though cause every reply on the thread made on here everyone was touching on how Eklund actually called one!!haha

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
While EK has a outlandish track record. Keith and toews I could see their names being floated because Chicago is pretty much now out of the playoff picture and reality has set in , for the front office that it's time to part ways and go full rebuild.

Seabrook has been scratched with the hope to pressure him into a trade or retirement

Reactions: LDF

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
This is the biggest reach I have seen this season. It doesn’t make sense for either team. I really can’t see LA parting ways with Doughty. He doesn’t want to leave and they will need him through and after the rebuild.

Reactions: Guitpik

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
This might be Eklund's most outlandish rumor.

I think I'd cry having Seabrook and Doughty on the books.

Yeah, I think Seabrook would have to be involved for it to make any sense for Chicago

Toews + Seabrook for Doughty + Carter

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
This might be Eklund's most outlandish rumor.

I think I'd cry having Seabrook and Doughty on the books.

Seabrook i can understand but Doughty is still a very good defensemen and only 30. Problem is that , much like Chicago , he's playing for a team that is now going downhill after having major successes in the 2010-2020 decade

But this is an EK rumor so chance of this happening are pratically zero

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I enjoy reading Eklund but even I have to do a roll over with my eyes. Chicago should RUN RUN RUDOLPH to make this deal.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Seabrook i can understand but Doughty is still a very good defensemen and only 30. Problem is that , much like Chicago , he's playing for a team that is now going downhill after having major successes in the 2010-2020 decade

But this is an EK rumor so chance of this happening are pratically zero
I didn't really phrase it that well. Of course Doughty is still good. What I meant is that having close to 20M locked up just in RHD is a disaster.

Reactions: Bronn and LDF

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Has there been a worse purposel from any hfer on this board? Like this is just bad and it's an apparent "rumor" Someone send Eklund a hf invite. He would fit in well on the purposel section

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Toews and Keith for Doughty and Turcotte?
Ummmm.....

This is the most farfetched crap that Eklund has ever pulled out of his ass. I've seen some doozies in my day but hot damn!

Reactions: LDF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca