News Article: Kyrou signs 8 year extension

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
The Blues are 50-52-8 since Jordan Kyrou signed his eight-year $65 million contract extension in September 2022.

Reactions: AjaxManifesto

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
He’s a public figure whether he wants to be or not. If he wants to play the I’m arrogant and entitled game, then at the very least, have your agent do your talking for you. The fact that he said the things he has, and is under performing is nothing but damning.

Dude knows full well what the cup and playing well means to St. Louis and the franchise, and how passionate and nuts fans in general can be. Situations like this you handle with tact, something that he obviously felt was below him.

The arrogant and entitled? Really? Again, he said nothing worse than what Berube has said about him. All he said was that he wasn't his coach anymore so no comment. Then he mentioned Bannister and how excited he is to get back to playing well. Berube, meanwhile, has publicly ripped Kyrou - and others - in the media (including Robert Thomas, who lashed out back at Berube - publicly, mind you; is he "arrogant and entitled" too? - at Berube), and he hadn't gotten the team to the playoffs in two years, and was, rightfully, fired.

Also, way to completely ignore how fans have literally been going after Kyrou and his family on social media. How the f*** do you defend that? How do you defend booing your own player every time they touch the puck for sixty minutes in an entire game?

Yes, I get how important a Cup was to St. Louis; I cried tears of absolute joy when we won, but this isn't the first time we've done stupid shit like this: Eric Brewer can attest to that. Kyrou's in the same boat, having done, in my eyes, nothing egregious to deserve this.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
It's hilarious how many folks are willing to go ape on JR and just flat ass ignore that Kyrou was asked specific questions and that Kyrou answered them. There is nothing edited or missing. He could be the worst journalist on Earth and he might be, but there's nothing there that is biased. Jordan hung himself on a line with his answers, not JR and that's why fans are booing and not having it.

Y'all will gang up on JR and absolutely ignore what a mess this team is because of Army. That says alot.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
The arrogant and entitled? Really? Again, he said nothing worse than what Berube has said about him. All he said was that he wasn't his coach anymore so no comment. Then he mentioned Bannister and how excited he is to get back to playing well. Berube, meanwhile, has publicly ripped Kyrou - and others - in the media (including Robert Thomas, who lashed out back at Berube - publicly, mind you; is he "arrogant and entitled" too? - at Berube), and he hadn't gotten the team to the playoffs in two years, and was, rightfully, fired.

Also, way to completely ignore how fans have literally been going after Kyrou and his family on social media. How the f*** do you defend that? How do you defend booing your own player every time they touch the puck for sixty minutes in an entire game?

Yes, I get how important a Cup was to St. Louis; I cried tears of absolute joy when we won, but this isn't the first time we've done stupid shit like this: Eric Brewer can attest to that. Kyrou's in the same boat, having done, in my eyes, nothing egregious to deserve this.
Right wrong or whatever else, that is how the sport fans world is and works and nothing will change it because it's human nature.

I don't defend any of it but I'm also not going to sit here as a moral warrior and ignore that this exists and there are folks out there that are pretty damn disgusting in their views and actions. It's a world that Kyrou and any rich and famous person lives in, where tact and caution are absolutely necessary due to the jealousy and envy of those around you and the general public. Famous people have even died over this stupid shit. Kyrou has played and spoke poorly, and both came back to bite him.

I'm hoping his agent took him aside for a 'The hell you think you were doing' talk and work out something so that doesn't happen again.

As for the public going after his family, it wasn't cool when they did that to Kadri in the STL and its not cool they did that to Kyrou's either. There's a line you draw with this. But people are people, so expect crazy shit to pop up and hopefully Kyrou's learned enough now to be ready for it.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
The Blues are 50-52-8 since Robert Thomas signed his eight-year $65 million contract extension in September 2022.

This made me laugh. Thank you.

I didn't know this until I looked it up today that Kyrou and Thomas have no movement protection whatsoever. Not inferring anything by saying that, just an interesting fact.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
It's hilarious how many folks are willing to go ape on JR and just flat ass ignore that Kyrou was asked specific questions and that Kyrou answered them. There is nothing edited or missing. He could be the worst journalist on Earth and he might be, but there's nothing there that is biased. Jordan hung himself on a line with his answers, not JR and that's why fans are booing and not having it.

Y'all will gang up on JR and absolutely ignore what a mess this team is because of Army. That says alot.
There’s so much out there about the relationship between you and Berube. Is there anything you would want to say about that? (JR)

“I’ve got no comment,” Kyrou replied. “He’s not my coach anymore.”

(This is from the Athletic article that JR published after realizing what he did)

JR's tweet:

Kyrou on relationship with with Berube: "I’ve got no comment. He’s not my coach anymore."

The tweet is what stirred the controversy. The tweet somehow didn't mention that the question was alluding to Kyrou's past negative interactions with Berube. That's a pretty useful piece of context that was missing. But sure, Kyrou hung himself on a line for NOT addressing the dirty laundry JR was pointing to. That's a biased question that forced Kyrou in an uncomfortable position and then JR proceeded to remove the framing device. I don't care if you think this issue is a distraction from the real problem. This is bad journalism that gave the anti-Kyrou crowd more fuel to their bonfires.

This nonsense blew way out of proportion because of sensitive fans that think Berube is the exalted one and wanted someone to throw their anger at. This isn't surprising given how the maturity of an average adult is lower than that of the high schoolers I coach. I do hope we can move past the victim blaming on Kyrou though and realize that this is a complete non-issue.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006

The fact that those answers sparked boos speaks more about the people booing than anything.

And, I certainly am not giving Army a pass. I have been one of his most hard critics over the years. He built this team.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
There’s so much out there about the relationship between you and Berube. Is there anything you would want to say about that? (JR)

“I’ve got no comment,” Kyrou replied. “He’s not my coach anymore.”

(This is from the Athletic article that JR published after realizing what he did)

JR's tweet:

Kyrou on relationship with with Berube: "I’ve got no comment. He’s not my coach anymore."

The tweet is what stirred the controversy. The tweet somehow didn't mention that the question was alluding to Kyrou's past negative interactions with Berube. That's a pretty useful piece of context that was missing. But sure, Kyrou hung himself on a line for NOT addressing the dirty laundry JR was pointing to. That's a biased question that forced Kyrou in an uncomfortable position and then JR proceeded to remove the framing device. I don't care if you think this issue is a distraction from the real problem. This is bad journalism that gave the anti-Kyrou crowd more fuel to their bonfires.

This nonsense blew way out of proportion because of sensitive fans that think Berube is the exalted one and wanted someone to throw their anger at. This isn't surprising given how the maturity of an average adult is lower than that of the high schoolers I coach. I do hope we can move past the victim blaming on Kyrou though and realize that this is a complete non-issue.
It's a journalist's job to ask uncomfortable questions.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018

We aren't ganging up on him. His reporting and the stories he puts are all for clickbait anymore. Why would you leave out context unless to stir up the pot and get clicks????

I had no issue with JR when he was working at post-dispatch. I didn't like his stuff but he wasn't bad. Now it has changed since he left for Athletic. Things for clicks is all he does.

Don't get me wrong once in a while JR post a good story on Athletic.

Last edited:

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
It's a journalist's job to ask uncomfortable questions.

And Kyrou answered the uncomfortable question about as well as anyone would in his shoes. “No comment” is what you say in this situation.

But sure, Kyrou should have known that the reporter would remove all areas of context and incite controversy. I mean just look at what he was wearing Officer.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
And Kyrou answered the uncomfortable question about as well as anyone would in his shoes. “No comment” is what you say in this situation.

But sure, Kyrou should have known that the reporter would remove all areas of context and incite controversy. I mean just look at what he was wearing Officer.
Clearly he was asking to be put in an awkward situation by sitting all by himself away from the rest of the team and media.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Games like today are blatant reminders about how crucial it is to get rid of him, not just for his contract. He still can't seem to get out of his own way and makes so many stupid and careless plays on the ice. You will NEVER having any longterm meaningful wins with him eating up that much cap space unless he decides he wants to take it to the next level and he clearly is not interested in doing so.

Reactions: STLegend

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
This thread is going to go down in HF Blues history. The signing that killed a franchise while at the same time solidified my always right status. All documented within days of the signing!

He doesn't score at a 8 million dollar rate so what exactly is he bringing to the table other than drama and excuse making? He's a bootleg welfare version of Rick Nash.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
1711051707474.png

1 million for every - he gets in March

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Kyrou has scored a point in only 32 of 69 games this season and gone pointless in 37 games.

In these 37 games that he hasn't scored a point, he is a -29 plus/minus.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Kyrou has scored a point in only 32 of 69 games this season and gone pointless in 37 games.

In these 37 games that he hasn't scored a point, he is a -29 plus/minus.
Buch has 37 pointless games as well this season(in 2 fewer games to boot), when are you going to start bearing into him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad