News Article: Kyrou signs 8 year extension

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
looked awful tonight, hope he gets booed all the way into a trade. clubhouse cancer.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Kyrou gets basically thrown under the bus by his GM(who also called the defenseman, who did nothing but stand a few feet away from a 1on1 board battle while the team had a 2man advantage, a great competitor). Of course he's going to be angry and probably not say the best things when he's got mics shoved in his face by reporters.

Thus far this season at 5v5, he's increased the rate in which he produces scoring chances, shots taken, penalties drawn, and assists. He's also decreased his rates in shots against, scoring chances against, and giveaways. All with less sheltered(albeit not significantly) deployment. The only thing he hasn't been doing is putting the puck in the net(his career s% would have netted him an extra 7 goals this season)

Not a whole lot to aggressively boo him over imo.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Kyrou gets basically thrown under the bus by his GM(who also called the defenseman, who did nothing but stand a few feet away from a 1on1 board battle while the team had a 2man advantage, a great competitor). Of course he's going to be angry and probably not say the best things when he's got mics shoved in his face by reporters.

Thus far this season at 5v5, he's increased the rate in which he produces scoring chances, shots taken, penalties drawn, and assists. He's also decreased his rates in shots against, scoring chances against, and giveaways. All with less sheltered(albeit not significantly) deployment. The only thing he hasn't been doing is putting the puck in the net(his career s% would have netted him an extra 7 goals this season)

Not a whole lot to aggressively boo him over imo.
But... Feelings...

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
I feel terrible for Kyrou, honestly. I don't even think what he said was bad at all. Compared to Berube's comments on him all the time, I think it's rather tame. And to hear the fans of a team he's love playing for boo him to the point of tears (and apparently, some deranged folks are going after his sister. I mean, seriously, what the f***?) when he's already struggling and had the GM basically throw him under the bus...I feel for the guy.

We're probably going to deal him, and he'll make us regret it. That's what it feels like to me.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
yeah, jr kinda did him dirty.

JR did if you listen to 1011 ESPN how it happened. No one by Kyrou so JR took the chance and then the comment and guess what. I bet he got a ton of clicks and looks at his article.

Again personally I wasn't a fan of his comment, but I understand it and what he meant by it.

You post a quote with NO CONTEXT, NO TONE TO IT, and so on to get a fanbase to basically riot against a player. That tells a lot more about it than letters in a tweet.

JR has went way downhill.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I feel terrible for Kyrou, honestly. I don't even think what he said was bad at all. Compared to Berube's comments on him all the time, I think it's rather tame. And to hear the fans of a team he's love playing for boo him to the point of tears (and apparently, some deranged folks are going after his sister. I mean, seriously, what the f***?) when he's already struggling and had the GM basically throw him under the bus...I feel for the guy.

We're probably going to deal him, and he'll make us regret it. That's what it feels like to me.
His underperforming and seemingly lack of tact did all of that. Kyrou is doing this to himself.

Last edited:

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
thank God you are not our GM
I'd trade Binner & Schenn too if their cap could be dumped. A rebuild requires cap space so we can acquire high picks by taking on expiring contracts from contenders looking for cap space for their deadline moves.

• Haha
Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Then came the third question.

There’s so much out there about the relationship between you and Berube. Is there anything you would want to say about that?

“I’ve got no comment,” Kyrou replied. “He’s not my coach anymore.”

I told Kyrou that I understood and we moved on to a different topic. The chat lasted three minutes, I said “Thanks” and walked away.

Here is the Quote from JR's Athletic post earlier.

Drubilly

Sep 23, 2018
Collinsville
Then came the third question.

There’s so much out there about the relationship between you and Berube. Is there anything you would want to say about that?

“I’ve got no comment,” Kyrou replied. “He’s not my coach anymore.”

I told Kyrou that I understood and we moved on to a different topic. The chat lasted three minutes, I said “Thanks” and walked away.

Here is the Quote from JR's Athletic post earlier.
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooöoooooooooooooooooooooôoooooooooooooooooooooœoooooooooooooooo

• Haha
Reactions: Ted Hoffman

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
JR literally toying with the idea that he should try more without being willing to take any real responsibility for his shit reporting just takes the cake

1702656281006.png

Reactions: Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad