Rumor: Kypreos: Penguins willing to trade Letang

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

The only question is whether that is a hedge designed to prevent Letang having a concussed ego if he isn't traded or part of the orchestrated pushback you typically see from the Pens in a case like this (a player of Letang's caliber where it's floated that he's available).

Reactions: That1Kid

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
The only question is whether that is a hedge designed to prevent Letang having a concussed ego if he isn't traded or part of the orchestrated pushback you typically see from the Pens in a case like this (a player of Letang's caliber where it's floated that he's available).

Considering how the majority of this thread is about Letang's injury history, I find your choice of words pretty amusing.

Concussed ego.:thumbu:

Reactions: KIRK

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
One thing I've wondered throughout the last week...Friedman had been dead wrong on the Penguins before. He reported Malkin was unhappy and would welcome a trade in 2015 and defended it 100%. No one else substantiated it, people shot it down and he took mass amounts of grief from Pens fans. Long story short, I don't necessarily trust him

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011

yeah its definitely most likely a conspiracy. youre probably right

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
They may have listened but I doubt they were ever seriously shopping him. Don't trust Kypreos or Friedman as having any great inside Pens source.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
this doesnt mean anything and is baseless. you basically just said "you think teams want him. I think teams dont want him."
Apparently you don't understand what the word baseless means.

Letang is having a bad year. He has a long injury history. He is on IR right now. It's far from baseless to say that other teams are factoring that in and may decide they don't want him.

But yeah... whatever.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
As much fun as it is to entertain a trade that moves moron-mode Letang for a bunch of useful pieces, does anyone really think we're moving him? Really?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
As much fun as it is to entertain a trade that moves moron-mode Letang for a bunch of useful pieces, does anyone really think we're moving him? Really?
I think they put it out there, and if they got what they needed...they would have absolutely moved him....i also think they found out exactly what the market was for a guy with Letang's injury history and contract, and it wasn't good.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I think they put it out there, and if they got what they needed...they would have absolutely moved him....i also think they found out exactly what the market was for a guy with Letang's injury history and contract, and it wasn't good.

You're entitled to speculate whatever you like, but considering Karlsson provided a no-trade list a few weeks ago and hasn't been moved either, one could easily apply the same "found out exactly what the market was for the guy, and it wasn't good" logic to him.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
Apparently you don't understand what the word baseless means.

Letang is having a bad year. He has a long injury history. He is on IR right now. It's far from baseless to say that other teams are factoring that in and may decide they don't want him.

But yeah... whatever.

actually it is baseless. because your opinion on what LEtang's value is amongst General Managers in the NHL has no tether to reality. its baseless. you have no information on what they think. its lacking a base. or a foundation. you make the assumption that what you value is universally valued and then build your entire claim off of that

if adam larsson can net you taylor hall, imagine what trading kris letang could get you

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
You're entitled to speculate whatever you like, but considering Karlsson provided a no-trade list a few weeks ago and hasn't been moved either, one could easily apply the same "found out exactly what the market was for the guy, and it wasn't good" logic to him.
So you think multiple guys just pulled that rumor out of their ass?

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
So you think multiple guys just pulled that rumor out of their ass?

yeah seriously. i mean this would be the first time that a rumor would turn out to not be true. its crazy. ive never been told something that wasnt true before, and its not gonna magically start now.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
yeah seriously. i mean this would be the first time that a rumor would turn out to not be true. its crazy. ive never been told something that wasnt true before, and its not gonna magically start now.
We are talking Friedman and Kypreos...say what you want about them, but they have a little more insight than Eklund.

That said, i am not sure why the Pens would shop him....so maybe they never were.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad