Rumor: Kypreos: Habs covet Dubois

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
There is a difference between not having the pieces and the team not willing to trade their player/asset.
Au contraire. We would be willing to trade Dubois... for a #1C.

* * *​
What position is that? Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Dubois, I was really hoping Habs would trade up. But he has A LOT to do before being established even as a top 6 center. So you went from "literally" not having the pieces, to an overpayment? I wouldn't trade this years first for Dubois(although it's obvious I have no clue what Bergevin would do).Of course Columbus shouldn't entertain the idea of trading Dubois, he is looking good. Habs most definetly CAN give up the pieces to acquire Dubois. It would be idiotic as his value is sky high while many here last year were calling him a bust a few months ago.
No, they cannot. They do not have a #1C or probable #1C to give, therefore they cannot give up the necessary centerpiece. Adding additional pieces on top of this nothing is irrelevant. Not when you're talking about a high-value low-availability piece like a #1C.

* * *​
Yes, but Dubois isn't god that would lead the Habs to the cups(even with the overpayment). He is a young player that is looking good. He is nothing to claim that the Habs have nothing to enticing to offer.
He's a probable #1C who is playing that position on a playoff team. The Habs cannot offer a replacement player like that, because they do not have one. Therefore, the Habs have nothing enticing to offer, because that is the only thing that would entice Columbus to give up PLD.

Seriously, this is ****ing absurd. We went through this with Johansen as well - of all the fanbases represented on HF, it was the Habs fans who were so consistently adamant that surely they had some way of getting a #1C that had wingers like MaxPac or Galchenyuk as the centerpiece and/or didn't have to involve giving up a #1C or a #1D in return. Johansen got traded for a #1D. You'd think they'd learn. You'd think that, after years of trying to get a #1C on the Habs, they of all folks would know that such players are rare and valuable and would not be given up for bonuses and extras. But they Just. Keep. Refusing. To. Learn.

Last edited:

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I don’t think there’s a chance in hell it happens, but if Montreal somehow were to get PLD I’m desperately trying to find this thread....
Please do because I want to see how they traded what little they have just to get a player good enough to then trade to us for PLD.

INTRODUCING YOUR MONTREAL CANADIENS

The French Canadian Duo Pierre Luc Drouin!!!!

The Immovable contract OOOOOPS I mean Object Carey PRIIIIIICE

The man who can't retire without f***ing the country capital of the woooooooooorld Shea Weber!!!!!

And 15 players from the AHL affiliate because everyone else got us these 4 studs!!!!!! Play ball!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Not even close to same teir I put Mathews ahead of McDavid you guys have a stud haha I was just saying PLD isn' untouchable the guy I mentioned is much closer to that haha. I wasn't trying to do a pull or fight for him I was just saying PLD isn't untouchable and I'm rambling now because I don't want this to turn into a accidental pissing match lol.

No worries-I know it was just an example :)

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Please do because I want to see how they traded what little they have just to get a player good enough to then trade to us for PLD.

INTRODUCING YOUR MONTREAL CANADIENS

The French Canadian Duo Pierre Luc Drouin!!!!

The Immovable contract OOOOOPS I mean Object Carey PRIIIIIICE

The man who can't retire without ****ing the country capital of the woooooooooorld Shane Weber!!!!!

And 15 players from the AHL affiliate because everyone else got us these 4 studs!!!!!! Play ball!!!!!!!

I’m an anglophone fan, from sw Ontario.

I don’t care about where a player is from, but I’d be lying if I said PLD wouldn’t be a huge (albeit highly unlikely) acquisition.

And I don’t expect a bluejacket fan to know it’s Shea Weber, not Shane.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I’m an anglophone fan, from sw Ontario.

I don’t care about where a player is from, but I’d be lying if I said PLD wouldn’t be a huge (albeit highly unlikely) acquisition.

And I don’t expect a bluejacket fan to know it’s Shea Weber, not Shane.
I don't know why I put Shane lol I was pumped about my joke which by the way really not even a "that was cleaver!!"? Pierre Luc Drouin is hilarious?!?!

Reactions: Figgzfood

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I don't know why I put Shane lol I was pumped about my joke which by the way really not even a "that was cleaver!!"? Pierre Luc Drouin is hilarious?!?!

Nah didn’t think that was even on the cusp of clever.

I understand there are a lot of unreasonable Habs fans on here, but when one (me) makes what I think was a reasonable post, it shouldn’t be taken as unreasonable purely based on the team I cheer for.

Now I have no issue with people bashing unreasonable posts.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Nah didn’t think that was even on the cusp of clever.

I understand there are a lot of unreasonable Habs fans on here, but when one (me) makes what I think was a reasonable post, it shouldn’t be taken as unreasonable purely based on the team I cheer for.

Now I have no issue with people bashing unreasonable posts.
I wasn't bashing you I was making a joke because there is no way we trade our 1C that we were bashed for taking in the first place and our GM stuck his neck out on the line and it pays off why would they sell him when what we need is another him... it was just saying I want to come back as well if they can scrmble together the pieces because they wouldn't have much left on their team after aquiring the pieces needed. Thus the joke of having 4 players left. It was nothing against you and your "reasonableness".

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
I am typing a name and running away: Dominic Turgeon (C) 6.2 200 Pierre's son. Bye.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Also what the f*** is an anjellophone? Honestly have 0 clue I've seen different people say other kinds of phones too about the habs... is that like the suburbs you live in? I dont live in Canada so I don't know if that's what you call your counties or something your phoneness

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
don't really see a deal to be made here but will throw one out just for fun

Galchenyuk + Mete for PLD

Columbus then flips JJ to the leafs for Bozak

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014

That first one doesn't get close to PLD... That only gets L at most... you need to pay more for the P or that D

JJ for Bozak has been agreed upon by most no matter how much I don't like it. When healthy the Jackets just don' have room for him. I'm very stubborn about trading for average non star players to the CBJ because they take time away from our guys growing so I got to learn to let guys go and be ok with rentals I couldn't care about taking our guys playing time. I feel like Trump and immigrants lol.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
What he said is not true what is true is that his is a bigoted opinion
And how is my opinion a bigoted opinion?
Is it because my opinion is the opposite of yours and it’s easier for you to claim I’m a bigot than for you to actually see the truth?
Is it because you assume, because of my opinion, that I am, as you called it, an anglo (and I’m the bigot)? Which by the way I was born in the Royal Victorian Hospital in Montreal and grew up in Saint-Jerome.
You just keep your eyes closed and trust in your PQ sensibilities and everything will be fine.
The rest of us will live in the real world.

Last edited:

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
And how is my opinion a bigoted opinion?
Is it because my opinion is the opposite of yours and it’s easier for you to claim I’m a bigot than for you to actually see the truth?
Is it because you assume, because of my opinion, that I am, as you called it, an anglo (and I’m the bigot)? Which by the way I was born in the Royal Victorian Hospital in Montreal and grew up in Saint-Jerome.
You just keep your eyes closed and trust in your PQ sensibilities and everything will be fine.
The rest of us will live in the real world.
How are you bigoted I haven't seen anything about race or religion at all? I' so confused.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Montreal will pay anything to get French Canadien players. The jackets should trade with them. They'll fleece Montreal.

I don't know where that comes from but it's patently false, except for the part about fleecing Montreal.

Montreal's management is notoriously inept. They have been ripe for the picking for a long time now and the owner is completely clueless. The language imperative in terms of trades is exaggerated. If this was truly their priority, they would have drafted more players of French-Canadian origin during Bergevin's tenure and clearly, they haven't.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

joplin

Dec 20, 2010
EU
Dubois is exactly what Columbus need, a legit first line center. He's the last player they should consider to trade.
Bollocks from Kypreos once again

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Montreal coveting a French speaking, young, big #1C? Color me surprised.

I don't think CBJ has any interest in moving him, though.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

That first one would likely be rejected by both sides. We don't have much use for Mete (even with JJ leaving, we're more than set at LHD) but the Habs need him badly.

The other... can we just start calling Jarmo and Lou repeatedly just to get them to get that one done? Been agreed to for a while now. :)

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
PLD is worth more then a 23 year top 3 pick that leads his draft year in points and a future top 4 D who just played a key role on Canada's Gold winning team...
We truly are on HFboards , where potential has infinite value and Habs can't get value for their best assets...Makes sense.

I'm not saying CBJ should make this trade but some posts in this thread are ridiculous.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad