Kyle Wood Interview at Hockey Prophets

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
What an awful article as far as blatant mistakes go. No need to click after seeing Tuscan and Tulsa. Next.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
This is interesting.
When asked what part of his game needs attention before the final step up to the NHL, Wood did not mince words about one area of weakness that has also been identified by scouts and coaches.

“Probably the skating, mostly. I’m a big guy, but need to get my skating up, for sure, to play at the next level. We were in Toronto a little bit with [Coyotes skating coach] Dawn Braid. I was only an hour drive from there. And she’s been to Tucson a couple of times helping out with the younger guys. I’m definitely working with her a lot. It’s a focus.”

Not sure if that was in the offseason, she can't be in Toronto during the season right?

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Perhaps he meant last season after the trade but before she was hired full time. Is North Bay an hour from Toronto?

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Perhaps he meant last season after the trade but before she was hired full time. Is North Bay an hour from Toronto?
Wood's from Waterloo, which is 60-90 min from Toronto. North Bay to Toronto is nearly a 4 hour drive.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002

North Bay is at least a few hours north of Toronto, but there are a lot of other OHL teams much closer to Toronto, so maybe it was on a road trip? She was hired as a full-time coach this summer though so I'd hope she's in Arizona most of the year now.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
By airplane, absolutely, but I wouldn't want to try to drive that fast in a car though haha. North Bay, Sudbury and the Soo are the frontier outposts of the OHL. Hockeydb says Wood is from Waterloo, ON, and that's about an hour from Toronto.

reboundscore

Apr 24, 2013
By airplane, absolutely, but I wouldn't want to try to drive that fast in a car though haha. North Bay, Sudbury and the Soo are the frontier outposts of the OHL. Hockeydb says Wood is from Waterloo, ON, and that's about an hour from Toronto.

...and Toronto is exactly where I would like to see Kyle Wood traded to. The Yotes have a good one in Kyle.

Happy to engage in a productive and constructive discussion on what it would take to get him in the Blue and White.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I said productive and constructive discussion ;).

It would be productive and constructive on our end. ;)

Seriously tho.... IIRC... then GM Don Maloney got Wood as somewhat of a project. And it looks as if he's coming around nicely.

Not sure if we should be letting him go at this point.

reboundscore

Apr 24, 2013
Well, what do you think Toronto would be willing to offer for him? he still signed for 3 seasons, so we would need to get at least that in return.

If an asset signed for 3 seasons is what you are looking for, we don't have those in supply.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
We've got draft picks, wingers and centers...is there a specific age bracket you are looking for?

To get a team to move off a hot prospect that they acquired for almost nothing, you'd have to make a really generous offer, like a swap for Nylander. That's not going to happen. So there's really no point in talking about it.

reboundscore

Apr 24, 2013
To get a team to move off a hot prospect that they acquired for almost nothing, you'd have to make a really generous offer, like a swap for Nylander. That's not going to happen. So there's really no point in talking about it.

Correct; that would be a non starter. Thanks for your time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad