Kyle Palmieri

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Hey guys, I havent been able to watch very many Anaheim games this season, but how is Palmeiri doin??? There always seems to be some hype each year that he will make the squad and chip in well offensively. Looking at his stats, he isnt overly impressive as of yet and also i see he isnt getting much ice time this year. Do you guys think he will stay in NHL all season? or head back to the AHL again? Is it just a case where his time will come once possibly Perry or Getzlaf leaves the team via Free Agency/trade deadline???? Whats everyones thoughts?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Tonight he was a big part of sparking some chemistry between Ryan and Selanne, and to add to that he got two goals.

Our fourth line gets more opportunities than most others around this league. I don't think we put him with Etem and Rakell as a punishment.

True. But my point still stands. He didn't have much time to work with against SJS. Not like tonight.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
From what I've seen... Definitely a goal scorer but needs to work on the defensive side of things

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
From what I've seen... Definitely a goal scorer but needs to work on the defensive side of things

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that maybe you haven't seen much, but what I've liked most about his play up with the big club is his great poke checking.

Professor John Frink

Apr 26, 2002
Visit site
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that maybe you haven't seen much, but what I've liked most about his play up with the big club is his great poke checking.

His defensive zone coverage is weak. But honestly all the Ducks wingers(other than the 3rd line) are very week at the points. So many shots get through.

But you can't deny his abilities around the net.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009

? That has very little to do with his two-way game? He still needs work there like all young players

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
His defensive zone coverage is weak. But honestly all the Ducks wingers(other than the 3rd line) are very week at the points. So many shots get through.

Okay yeah. In the D zone it's weak, but he's a pretty efficient forechecker. He was better about it in the first few games, but if he was able to do it then I'm confident in his skills going forward.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Okay yeah. In the D zone it's weak, but he's a pretty efficient forechecker. He was better about it in the first few games, but if he was able to do it then I'm confident in his skills going forward.

now you agree with my limited views

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
now you agree with my limited views

Well...I thought you meant in general he's not good defensively. His coverage is a bit weak, but when he's not in his own zone, for whatever reason he's pretty good at pinching and knocking the puck off of guys sticks

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
He's good. I've always been high on him. I expect him to be a 50+ point second line winger

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
? That has very little to do with his two-way game? He still needs work there like all young players

who cares about his two-way game. so sick and tired of hearing this. everyone complains that there isnt enough offense in the league or a player isnt scoring enough, but of course when talking about a skilled offensive player we hear this crap. and its not just Palmieri, its most of the young offensively skilled players in the league. some of these kids need to just concentrate on what got them here (their God givin ability) and less on becoming the next Michael Peca. Not everyone can be a Datsyuk or Modano that can be elite at both sides of the puck. Palmieri is fine, he is scoring goals and will "learn" to be better away from the puck in time...no need to rush him into that right now.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego

This is so evident it hurts to watch sometime. I actually think Bobby Ryan is the best point covering winger we have (other than the third line), which isn't saying too much.

Thankfully we have Winnik to hopefully show the rest of the guys what it means to cover the point.

Back to Palmieri, he looked great last night and actually finished his chances.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
who cares about his two-way game. so sick and tired of hearing this. everyone complains that there isnt enough offense in the league or a player isnt scoring enough, but of course when talking about a skilled offensive player we hear this crap. and its not just Palmieri, its most of the young offensively skilled players in the league. some of these kids need to just concentrate on what got them here (their God givin ability) and less on becoming the next Michael Peca. Not everyone can be a Datsyuk or Modano that can be elite at both sides of the puck. Palmieri is fine, he is scoring goals and will "learn" to be better away from the puck in time...no need to rush him into that right now.

What do you want to hear then?

I've already said he had great offensive awareness and a knack of scoring. Nobody sees him as the next Datsyuk, but it can't hurt to improve that side of his game and it doesn't mean his scoring prowess should suffer.

He has one of the more lethal shots in the league as evident in the last 2 games. Can score goals and create scoring chances with very limited minutes as well.

Jul 22, 2012
Kid has an absolute bomb of a shot and its very accurate. He has the rare talent of being able to hammer the puck with accuracy even when the puck isn't in his wheel house. Kids gonna put up a lot of goals just because of that.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Kid has an absolute bomb of a shot and its very accurate. He has the rare talent of being able to hammer the puck with accuracy even when the puck isn't in his wheel house. Kids gonna put up a lot of goals just because of that.

3 goals in 2 games.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Three more. No big deal. Goal scoring rate pro-rated to an 82 game season would be 31 goals (18 for this 48 game year). Sad thing is he could actually have 10 right now. He's been robbed so many times it almost seems unfair.

Can't find the Backstrom save.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad