Kyle Palmieri

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
As soon as next year. Maybe this year even. He should be a career 20 goal 50-60 point guy if he peaks out right. I don't forsee him being a star or anything. But he's got serious talent.

He leads the AHL in goals right now.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
In his WJC appearances he reminded me a little of Zach Parise, not as skilled, but with maybe a better shot. Or possibly Chris Drury is a better comparison, I've also heard a smaller Corey Perry in terms of style, he's a bit of an agitator. Not saying he'll be as good as any of these guys, they're stylistic (not upside) comparisons, but he's a nice prospect. Quite a bit of talent, plays really hard, gets under people's skin, he should be in the NHL sooner rather than later. He played 10 games for the Ducks last year, and given the way he's playing in Syracuse, combined with the Ducks' general poor depth and poor play, I could see him getting a callup very soon. I assume he'd have a good chance to be the first callup next time a winger goes down?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
In his WJC appearances he reminded me a little of Zach Parise, not as skilled, but with maybe a better shot. Or possibly Chris Drury is a better comparison, I've also heard a smaller Corey Perry in terms of style, he's a bit of an agitator. Not saying he'll be as good as any of these guys, they're stylistic (not upside) comparisons, but he's a nice prospect. Quite a bit of talent, plays really hard, gets under people's skin, he should be in the NHL sooner rather than later. He played 10 games for the Ducks last year, and given the way he's playing in Syracuse, combined with the Ducks' general poor depth and poor play, I could see him getting a callup very soon. I assume he'd have a good chance to be the first callup next time a winger goes down?

A closer comparison than Drury. However, Palmieri uses speed a bit more in his game. Holland has been compared to Getzlaf at times. I like to call them Getzlaf-Perry lite. But I don't know how good Palmieri's chances will be. I think only if Perry or Selanne goes down does he get the call up

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I think the Ducks are taking it very slow because they had opportunities to call him up before when they didn't but I do hope that they give him a shot this year so he gets to play on the wing at some point with Koivu and Selanne or Ryan (and might be his last season to play on Selanne's opposite wing). Would be pretty beneficial, I don't think he got top 6 playing time last season in his callup and he has to be more effective than Blake or Hagman even this year.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
He might have had a better chance earlier if he was a LWer. Not sure if that stopped them.. but they did call up Maroon over Palmieri.

I think they wanted more grit on the fourth line, a line not really fit for a guy with skills like Palmieri.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
I think they wanted more grit on the fourth line, a line not really fit for a guy with skills like Palmieri.

That's true. Must have just thought since Blake went down they would try him there but they just put Cogs there instead. Oh well Palmieri should be up with the club next year.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
If he continues to score like he is, you have to call him up. It's still early, but if by mid-season Palmieri is still leading the AHL in goals (let alone hovering around a goal per game), I'm not sure it's good for his development to just continue to light it up. There are holes in his game, but if they remain after a year and a half in the AHL, maybe some time on a third line with Cogliano would be more beneficial than being the go-to guy in the AHL.

Dutch Dreams

Sep 20, 2009
How did he do in camp Ducks fans?

And seriously, he literally can't play the off-wing? Sounds like a similar player to Frattin, who had played RW his entire college career, and is doing fine now on LW.

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
How did he do in camp Ducks fans?

And seriously, he literally can't play the off-wing? Sounds like a similar player to Frattin, who had played RW his entire college career, and is doing fine now on LW.

He was one of if not the biggest disappointment in camp... Also they had the opportunity to call him up earlier this year but called up Patrick Maroon instead. In his short stint with us last year you could say he was a disappointment as well. Hopefully the trend doesn't continue and he can contribute to the big club and not just be an AHL dominate player..

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
He was one of if not the biggest disappointment in camp... Also they had the opportunity to call him up earlier this year but called up Patrick Maroon instead. In his short stint with us last year you could say he was a disappointment as well. Hopefully the trend doesn't continue and he can contribute to the big club and not just be an AHL dominate player..

I wouldn't call him the BIGGEST disappointment. What I didn't like was, he was being over-eager to try to get on the board and impressed, so at times he would cherry-pick and leave the play early in hopes of getting a breakaway.

He did a lot of good things and his game looked better than pretty much all of our bottom 6, but he was so focused on making a good impression that he wasn't thinking right. He wasn't playing the game the way he was supposed to.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Wow. If he can lock down that LW spot with Getzy and Perry then it would go so far to helping our top 6 situation next year.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
First goal of the season tonight, and of course the NHL had to ruin it.

472848847.jpg

what.....
the ****
is THAT?

i love staal

Oct 19, 2008

I have watched and played against Palmieri for years, and I would say the one underrated aspect of his game is his grit. The kid will fight and go to the hard areas. He has great strength, along with very good offensive skills. I think you cannot count this kid out of anything. He could be a first liner eventually because of his desire. He is a gym rat, and really transformed his body and playing style from when he was a 15 year old. At the same time, he possesses a great, dynamic skating stride. The improvement from his first to second year as a pro have been huge. He probably needs to finish maturing this year off the ice in addition to on the ice before he is ready to step into the NHL next year. However, with the year the big club is having, his chance may have to come sooner rather than later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad