Speculation: Kyle palmieri where’s he going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
NJ has a bunch of really good bottom six guys blossoming this season all basically 21-23 years old. They have Bratt, Hughes, Hischier and eventually you figure one or more of Foote, Mercer, and/or Holtz materializes. The current young top six guys are all essentially 19-23. A good prospect in the 20-22 year old range makes a lot more sense to me than pick 28. I don't think NJ is best served with a lottery ticket outside the top of the draft if it can get a good prospect. A potential second pair right defender for example would tick off several boxes. I'm sure that the team wants to get the first round pick and a good prospect, but if I had to choose only the first or the first and a meh prospect or the second and a good prospect I'd go with the second and a good prospect. Just an opinion and others will see it differently.
2nd and a good prospect all day

Reactions: My3Sons

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
This is why Trotz said (after acquiring Pageau last year at the TDL for a first) Lou did a great job in getting Pageau for a first because picks in that range aren't even guaranteed of making the show, let alone putting up comparable numbers to the player acquired.

Also why I think Lou will throw a first for Palmieri. The picks going to be in the 20's (most likely) and he'll try to sign Palmieri long-term (which would require all kinds of movement as the Isles are in all kinds of cap hell).
Not only are we talking about a pick in the 20's.
But a pick that was considered a weak draft before covid.
And is a c**p shoot to scout players during covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad