Confirmed with Link: Kyle Palmieri, Travis Zajac (both @50%) for AJ Greer, M Jobst, 21 1st, cdnl 22/23 3rd/4th

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
There's a reason why you always see those images of Lou's face on Don Corleone's body...

He gets what he wants because he is willing to pay what it takes to get it.

Zajac is a nice "throw in," but Palmieri coming here was as obvious as Vanek going to the Wild.

Now we have some good depth. I'm quite happy that Dal Colle, Bellows, Johnston, Czarnik, etc won't be playing again. I truly don't like giving up the 1st because it's really an I asset I believed we would need this summer to open up cap/improve the team, but hard to knock how the talent we're getting fills out the roster nicely.

There's a sweet irony that many here didn't want to give up Bellows...And now you'll probably won't see him play for the Isles again this season (and if he goes in the expansion draft - Never again).

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I'd heard some Devils fans hating on Zajac's game this year a bit. What's your take? I think he'll look different going for a Cup run.

He was horrid coming back from the Covid bout. In the past month, however, he has been very good. Back to his elite defensive ways and has been chipping in offensively, as well. He still has gas left in the tank and should fit like a glove under Trotz.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
With full retention on both Devils, there is still room for another add.

Olliemets

Mar 1, 2018
Croton on Hudson, NY
Wow !!! Pinch me. Is Zajac a rental too or is he signed next year? More I look at it I like this trade. Tough to keep giving up firsts but we are in win now mode. Kyle gives us some PP help and Fills Lee's spot. Travis a big upgrade too and more center depth.

He kept Bellows so far which I like.

Reactions: JoeM

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
Very good trade if they go far. I like palmeri, but zajac adds good mid6 depth to the roster

Now lets charge

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
There's a reason why you always see those images of Lou's face on Don Corleone's body...

He gets what he wants because he is willing to pay what it takes to get it.

Zajac is a nice "throw in," but Palmieri coming here was as obvious as Vanek going to the Wild.

Now we have some good depth. I'm quite happy that Dal Colle, Bellows, Johnston, Czarnik, etc won't be playing again. I truly don't like giving up the 1st because it's really an I asset I believed we would need this summer to open up cap/improve the team, but hard to knock how the talent we're getting fills out the roster nicely.

There's a sweet irony that many here didn't want to give up Bellows...And now you'll probably won't see him play for the Isles again this season (and if he goes in the expansion draft - Never again).

For a guy who hasnt played alot, nor f***ed up alot and has scored some goals....you reallllly hate Bellows way too much lol. I still think Lou protects him over an older player with a big contract. Hes going to need cheap labor like Bellows moving forward. Just my prediction.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
He was horrid coming back from the Covid bout. In the past month, however, he has been very good. Back to his elite defensive ways and has been chipping in offensively, as well. He still has gas left in the tank and should fit like a glove under Trotz.

Thanks. Yes, I did hear it early on. Nice to know it didn't last. What a f***ing pickup.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Wow !!! Pinch me. Is Zajac a rental too or is he signed next year? More I look at it I like this trade. Tough to keep giving up firsts but we are in win now mode. Kyle gives us some PP help and Fills Lee's spot. Travis a big upgrade too and more center depth.

He kept Bellows so far which I like.

I have this weird feeling we see Bellows + 2nd for Hall or Hoffman. Don’t know why

Reactions: Rengi and periferal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad