Kyle Palmieri, ETA?

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Seems like they're taking it slow with him, he could've been called up earlier cos of an injury to Blake but they went with Maroon instead. Ana don't rush guys so not unexpected, he played a bottom six role for 10 games last year and don't think he's suited to that so they're gonna keep him down unless it's top six minutes. I wouldn't be surprised to see him by mid-point this year. Definetely is in a good situation with old 2nd liners on Ana and will produce in the next year or two.

Also, anyone know why he gets called a potential power forward? I've seen him play and he doesn't appear overly physical or a net crasher.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
He has a great chance to crack the roster next season, I don't think we will want to waste him playing 3rd / 4th line minutes this season, but you never know.

Jerky Leclerc

Feb 27, 2002
Anaheim
Visit site
The Ducks learned their lesson last year. He was tearing up the AHL when they called him up for a 10 game stint. He wasn't ready for the NHL yet and got sent back minus the confidence. It took him some time before he was producing again. I think the Ducks want to take it slow and let him and Bonino grow together for next year.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
He has had 2 unspectacular training camps and an underwhelming 10 game stint last year.

We need his to be a top 6 player at the NHL level and taking it slow will not hurt him.

He really is lighting it up and I hope he keeps it up all season.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
He could see a call-up if someone goes down. Actually, if Smith Pelly is sent down he could see time. I don't buy the third line minutes stuff. Getzlaf and Perry started their careers there if I'm not mistaken.

Selanne138

Nov 18, 2009
He could see a call-up if someone goes down. Actually, if Smith Pelly is sent down he could see time. I don't buy the third line minutes stuff. Getzlaf and Perry started their careers there if I'm not mistaken.

Fourth line actually. I could definitely see Palmieri getting the callup is DSP is sent down. But with Blake's injury I dont think he does.

IMO Palimeri gets the first call up if the second line struggles and McMillan doesnt work out long term.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
The Ducks could call him up for the road trip. Maroon was sent down a while ago but the Ducks might call him back up. My feeling is either Maroon again or Palmieri. Could be Sexton too but I hope not.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
I'm interested to see how the Ducks play this. Another couple of weeks and Palmieri might be in the 'nothing more to prove' territory at the AHL level. Despite apparently an average training camp, he's rolled an outstanding finish last year into an unreal start this season. You can't keep a top prospect in the AHL if he's going to continue scoring over a goal a game, so how do the Ducks want to play him when he's promoted.

It's interesting how his profile as a prospect has evolved. Back when he was drafted, Palmieri was considered more of a 2nd/3rd line type, with the biggest concerns being about his character and offensive upside, but little question about his intensity and physicality. Fast forward two years later and now there's a suggestion he needs to play in a top six role.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm interested to see how the Ducks play this. Another couple of weeks and Palmieri might be in the 'nothing more to prove' territory at the AHL level. Despite apparently an average training camp, he's rolled an outstanding finish last year into an unreal start this season. You can't keep a top prospect in the AHL if he's going to continue scoring over a goal a game, so how do the Ducks want to play him when he's promoted.

It's interesting how his profile as a prospect has evolved. Back when he was drafted, Palmieri was considered more of a 2nd/3rd line type, with the biggest concerns being about his character and offensive upside, but little question about his intensity and physicality. Fast forward two years later and now there's a suggestion he needs to play in a top six role.

Yeah, interesting question. I'm excited for our talent in the coming years. Credit to Murray for his drafting skills. And the scouts

I remember hearing Chris Drury comparisons
I remember that too...not the best comparison really...

Selanne138

Nov 18, 2009
I personally, and I know many Ducks fans agree, would like to see Palmieri called up now to play on the second line with Teemu and Koivu, or at least in a third line role. No one on the roster really fits in that second line spot, so Palmieri deserves a chance IMO.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I personally, and I know many Ducks fans agree, would like to see Palmieri called up now to play on the second line with Teemu and Koivu, or at least in a third line role. No one on the roster really fits in that second line spot, so Palmieri deserves a chance IMO.

With the lack of offense coming from our depth once again, he may see a call up. I'm starting to get the feeling DSP is going to go down for Palmieri.

Starting to get nervous about Cogliano. His defensive play is solid, but he's being thrown off of the puck too easily.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I think he'll see some time in Anaheim this season but won't be a full time NHLer until next year.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Agreed, DSP will go down, he just isn't ready for the NHL.

I reckon it will hinge on how well he can play at LW if he does get the call up, I see no reason why he can't do it though.

Last edited:

Selanne138

Nov 18, 2009
Agreed, DSP will go down, he just isn't ready for the NHL.

I reckon it will hinge on how well he can play at LW if he does get the call up, I see no reason why he can't do it though.

That really is the only thing holding him back. If he cant, Id love to see a McMillan-Macaneaur-Palmieri line though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad