TSN: Kyle Dubas has been hired as the Pittsburgh Penguins' President of Hockey Operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
So Dubas was holding out until he got the really cushy job in Pitt?
Good for him, hope it works out..

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
So Dubas was holding out until he got the really cushy job in Pitt?
Good for him, hope it works out..
I guess it also allows him to spend more time with his family rather than being the GM and around the team 24/7

Like you said, hopefully it works our for us, can't wait to see who he hires as GM

Reactions: kevsh

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
if he just creates any sort of youthful bottom 6 group with an identity and signs a couple mid 20s or younger Euro/NCAA guys he is already doing a good job, my lord that team is old

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
I think this is a good move by Pit, so I hate it.
how so...bringing in Dubas, a man who has won absolutely nothing should NOT bring any sort of fear into opposition teams fan bases in my opinion!

Pit has won cups but has an aging core their window is closing. Dubas couldn't do jack shiit with a younger toronto team I doubt it is Dubas that will be the key cog in Pit it will be the players and the team playing better IE not losing to Chicago at the end of the year to remove themselves from the playoffs allowing Florida to claim the 8th seed.

If anything, the laffs will now be a better team without Dubas...I was hoping he would stay in toronto so they would continue to fail every year!

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
"We'd like to give you a contract for the vacant GM position."
Dubas: "Looks good.. Just let me look it over."
*Days later*
Dubas: "I'm not sure this works for me. I want more money and the head role of hockey operations."
"You drive a hard bargain"

Reactions: Ace Card Bedard

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
Hmm, was hoping for Dubas to Pitt so they wouldn't go after Karmanos. But this probably does not help that concern.

I think this is a good move for Pitt.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Dubas will do a great job in Pittsburg. Although to be honest, that is going to be one of the toughest teams to manage over the next few years. Likely going to get much worse before it gets better. Glad he isn't going to Ottawa.

Reactions: BLONG7

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
IMO president of hockey ops probably plays more to Dubas's strength, which has always been the process vs. the execution. He's received nothing but praise for building out Toronto's front office with top notch departments. Players constantly raive about their sports science guys, development, doctors, etc. Obviously some of that is just having the money to throw at it, but someone has to actually make it work. He'll guide the big picture and give whoever the GM is the tools and support he needs.

It will be interesting to see who they pick for GM. A vet GM could make for a powerful team.

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
Got a feeling he's going to ask for Pridham, since he was just passed over for GM of the Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad