Kyle Connor leads all rookies in goals

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Connor didn't score tonight, but for some reason google is crediting him with a goal.

I was wondering about that. Listening to the game, they said he didn't score the goal, but after I turned off the radio, i noticed he was listed as the goal scorer on TSN so I thought they had changed it again lol. Guess we will wait and see what happens. If he is not credited I guess the mods can please lock the thread.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Yeah, playing with two PPG players in Wheeler and Scheifele.

Good player in his own right but let's see how he does driving his own line before calling him a first liner.

He's clearly the third wheel on a line with two of the best players in the league this season.

Yes, he's the third wheel, but he's actually been great (and I wasn't even a big believer in him but he proved otherwise). He has outstanding speed and forechecking.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I was wondering about that. Listening to the game, they said he didn't score the goal, but after I turned off the radio, i noticed he was listed as the goal scorer on TSN so I thought they had changed it again lol. Guess we will wait and see what happens. If he is not credited I guess the mods can please lock the thread.

Yeah, I watched the game, he didn't score.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

Good player in his own right but let's see how he does driving his own line before calling him a first liner.

He's clearly the third wheel on a line with two of the best players in the league this season.
Agreed.

He's most likely a 35-40 point player when he's not being carried by two stars.

Reactions: FFHockey

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

You just can't give credit to any young guys who aren't Leafs, can you?

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
KC is only good because of his linemates.
smh

You guys said this crap about Laine too.
lol

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
He might be the most ferocious backchecker on the Jets, a team captained by Blake Wheeler, too. Seems to have an excellent attitude and should be a very good player for the next 15 years.

But...his stats are massively inflated by who he plays with. Has excellent speed, IQ, and finishing ability and there is nothing wrong with being a complimentary player, but let’s keep some perspective here.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
He might be the most ferocious backchecker on the Jets, a team captained by Blake Wheeler, too. Seems to have an excellent attitude and should be a very good player for the next 15 years.

But...his stats are massively inflated by who he plays with. Has excellent speed, IQ, and finishing ability and there is nothing wrong with being a complimentary player, but let’s keep some perspective here.

I mean, OP just says the Jets have "Developed another top-line forward"

Having a high hockey IQ and ability to play with elite talent is part of being a top line forward.

Kyle Connor is 81st in Points this year for forwards, (80th in Pts/G including all forwards with over 20 GP).

There are 93 top line forwards in the NHL, so he's solidly in that category.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights

So what does Connor do? Scores his 30th of the season and adds two assists all while Scheifele and Wheeler - the two line mates who are supposedly carrying him and inflating his stats - are out of the lineup thus rendering the above post and IPS' null and void.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Definitely requires a * next to "leads all rookies in goals", but it'd be nice if a certain someone would grow up and stop dropping him in redrafts ;).

Has been a goalscorer at every level of hockey he has played and will continue to do so.​

SM17

Nov 25, 2005
This thread has mindf***ed me.

giphy.gif

Nov 24, 2006
I don’t blame the casual fan for assuming that he’s leaching points off Scheifele and Wheeler but it’s not the case. He’s a vital part of that line. He has good IQ, shot, and a surprising ability to dig out the puck and get it on his stick.

Congrats Kyle!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad