Proposal: Kyle Connor for Miro Heiskanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake Barnes

Apr 25, 2018
Winnipeg
Two U24 top line players for a top 5 prospect who has yet to play a game in the NHL... right.

Can we all agree on Heiskanen not moving and move on?

Agreed. That's why I said that Chevy probably shouldn't do something like that, and that I wouldn't be very keen on it as a Jets fan. I was just interested in what a realistic cost would be from a Dallas perspective.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Agreed. That's why I said that Chevy probably shouldn't do something like that, and that I wouldn't be very keen on it as a Jets fan. I was just interested in what a realistic cost would be from a Dallas perspective.
There is no realistic in a deal for Heiskanen. They are seriously not willing to give him up in a Karlsson deal, so that's pretty much it for any other deal. And yes, refusing to do it for Karlsson is downright idiotic. Probably for a package of Ehlers and Morrissey too, but if you're dead set on keeping your guy, I'm not there to stop you.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Jake Barnes

Apr 25, 2018
Winnipeg
There is no realistic in a deal for Heiskanen. They are seriously not willing to give him up in a Karlsson deal, so that's pretty much it for any other deal. And yes, refusing to do it for Karlsson is downright idiotic. Probably for a package of Ehlers and Morrissey too, but if you're dead set on keeping your guy, I'm not there to stop you.

There's always a "realistic" as in, what type of value would they be looking to get in return for said asset. Whether or not it's palatable to other teams is another story. We aren't GMs, so any trade proposal on this board is simply a thought experiment. So yeah, should the Jets do the trade I suggested? No, I don't think they should. Would it be adequate value to get Dallas to consider moving Heiskanen? IMO, it should be enough to start a conversation at least.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Heiskanen isnt Dahlin. Not even close.

Connor is a young 30 goal scorer.

As much as I'd love Heiskanen... Ill keep the 30 goal scorer rookie.

Itls actually a lot closer than you think.

It's funny when people pigeonhole players into labels like "Magic bean" and "30 goal rookie". It's a detraction from the near-fact that Heiskanen is just signifcnatly more valuable.

Connor is a good player who had a great season but he's insulated with superstar linemates and team in Winnipeg. I doubt he he'd put up the numbers he did playing in say Buffalo or Arizona.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
There's always a "realistic" as in, what type of value would they be looking to get in return for said asset. Whether or not it's palatable to other teams is another story. We aren't GMs, so any trade proposal on this board is simply a thought experiment. So yeah, should the Jets do the trade I suggested? No, I don't think they should. Would it be adequate value to get Dallas to consider moving Heiskanen? IMO, it should be enough to start a conversation at least.
If you were offered a young top line winger and a top pairing defenseman from a divisional rival for an asset from outside of your roster who is not a 100% surefire superstar à la McDavid, you should absolutely pull the trigger and never look back.

And for clarity, I'm not suggesting that they should dump Heiskanen for something that isn't a can't miss -package. It just so happens that they have reportedly refused to trade him for a can't miss -asset in Karlsson, which is one of the worst mistakes you could ever do as a GM.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
He's still a winger, and winger who played with some of the best players in the World.

I like Connor, but again wingers just don't land Heiskanen level prospects.

Maybe Heiskanen-level prospects don't land Connor-level established young wingers.

Reactions: Snowman

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
Heiskanen is the second best D prospect in the world that predicts to be a star. As much as I like O'Connor, this isn't fair for Dallas.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX

Put him on a and line of say Monohan and Lindholm. Does the rookie goal scorer still get 30, who knows. I think the talent the Jets had to put him along with a few guys like Schiefle and Wheeler helped a good bit though.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Wyzer Plan

May 11, 2011
Connor could have a 10 goal season next year. 1 rookie season does not count as “proven”. 1 year could be a fluke. Should definitely calm down on the proven stuff until he proves he can do it again next year.

Reactions: WhatWhat

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Connor is a perimeter playing winger who has offensive skills but he was carried by elite linemates (check out his relative possession rates) and has one more year on his ELC. Heiskanen just put up a great 18 yo season in Liiga, has 3 years of ELC left, has a better draft pedigree and plays a much more valuable position. I get the proven commodity angle but no gm in hockey would value Connor more.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Not downing on Connor though. If Janmark and Nichushkin, who are our other top 6 wingers as of now, can combine for 35 goals as well as put in assists we have the guys who can put it in the net.

Just to trade off Heiskanen with his potential for a rookie who hit 30 in his first season isn’t going to happen. That’s why he was drafted 3rd overall as a d-man.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

He's not Dahlin on draft day or on potential but he was the better player last season.

Maybe Heiskanen-level prospects don't land Connor-level established young wingers.

Wingers have the least amount of trade value in C vs D vs W battle.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Heiskanen...2nd coming of Bobby Orr say the Dallas fans...hasn't played in the NHL.All wishful thinking!! Honestly have not seen more than the highlite reels and some world junior action. Keep him,he will never be Karlson good.

Reactions: Aggie204

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Wingers have the least amount of trade value in C vs D vs W battle.

And proving yourself in the NHL holds much more weight than proving yourself in the Finnish elite league. There's a difference between having the potential to do something and actually doing it.

Reactions: Snowman

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017

Might be closer than you think.

“I don’t think it’s going to matter, he’s not going to care who’s watching, he’s just going to be (the Stars) second-best defender by December and the best one by the end of his second NHL season,” a European-based NHL scout said. “He’s the best prospect in Europe. (Rasmus) Dahlin will be more exciting, but Heiskanen is better overall in my view.”

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
And proving yourself in the NHL holds much more weight than proving yourself in the Finnish elite league. There's a difference between having the potential to do something and actually doing it.

Has Heiskanen been traded to Karlsson? Nope.

This shouldn't be something new thing here, W's have the least amount of trade value, potential franchise C/D prospects rarely get traded.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Heiskanen...2nd coming of Bobby Orr say the Dallas fans...hasn't played in the NHL.All wishful thinking!! Honestly have not seen more than the highlite reels and some world junior action. Keep him,he will never be Karlson good.
Not Bobby Orr. Looks like a Zubov 2.0 in process though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad