Waived: Kyle Clifford waived

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Well I always look at tough guys and their roles like this....

Making good money, yes. After taxes and agent fees are alot less but good coin.

So he gets home from work and his wife asks, "how as your day honey?"

"Well, I had a hard few shifts, then this thug starts pushing me around. For a few shifts I let it happen then start hearing whispers in the crowd I'm not tough enough. Then he starts swinging at me... 20,000 people in the crowd are all chanting and laughing as this guy throws punches at me. Nobody called the Police or anything, everyone just laughed and pointed, and the papers tomorrow will probably call me soft because I didn't flatten him. That was my day how was yours?"

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Or he could say, truthfully:

"Well, we were losing 3-1 after two periods but came on really strong in the third and Matthews scored to make it 3-2. We were really carrying the play until I lost my check along the boards in the offensive zone, so I grabbed the guy's sweater and took a two-minute interference penalty. They scored on the power play to make it 4-2 and the game got away from us there. We couldn't catch up and lost 6-3. I played really shitty and pretty much cost us the game.

"How was your day? "

"Oh, good."

"Super. Could you help me pack my bag because I'll probably be put on waivers again tomorrow? Games in Wilkes-Barre and Abbotsford next week, you know,"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad