Kyle Chipchura

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
i saw him in a game i went to againt GR... grabovski was a ton better then him and he was average at best at everything

Well Grabovski was one of Hamilton's top players this year, and while they are both rookies and Grabovski has had to adjust to the smaller ice and moving from Russia to Hamilton, he does have 2 more years of development time, playing in a mens league. He was a All Star last year with Dynamo of the RSL, whereas Chipchura lost almost a year of development time in the WHL when a freak accident cost him most of the year.

As someone that has a season pass to the all the Dogs games, I've seen Chipchura a lot and he's not the flashy type but plays a smart hard working style.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Didn't have a good year in Hamilton at all. Is he another habs prospect that will be a bust?

You might be expecting Chipchura to be a future 2nd line center? (no!).
He should be a solid, gritty 4th-3rd line center. I doubt very much that he will be a bust (too much hockey sense, heart/leadership).

And, a bust like who?!!;) : Higgins, Komisarek, Ryder, Latendresse (too early to tell...I know!), Lapierre, Price (too early, but looking good...), Andrei/Sergei Kostitsyn(looking better & better...), Grabovski (lots of potential), O'Byrne (6'5, 235 lbs D-Man, compared to Komisarek), etc...

Habs biggest (recent) bust because of high expectations: Josef Balej (but we traded him for Kovalev).
Habs semi-busts!!: Marcel Hossa (traded for Garth Murray). Although, Marcel's value has gotten better with a little help from Jagr;)...

IMO, Chipchura is exactly what the Habs need more of/can't ever have enough of (lots of character/hard worker, great leadership/team player, great size/height, good hockey sense, smart two-way player, good for PK unit). I just hope he continues his development/consistency, and if he does then...everything will work out for Chipper:).

Chipchura might be a regular with the HABS within a year to a year and a half...
I expect a solid 4th-3rd line center. The kind you will eventually want/need in playoffs.

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
just taking a look back at some stuff when i came across this. Everyone jumped all over me when i suggested chipchura was a bust. its been 2 years and it looks like i was bang on with this one

Tray4Adams

Jul 7, 2006
He's been ****ing atrocious in the 2 games he's played so far this year. I would be shocked if he didn't get sent down once Metropolit comes back

Ami

He's been ****ing atrocious in the 2 games he's played so far this year. I would be shocked if he didn't get sent down once Metropolit comes back

He had a very spirited fight when he was in Calgary last night and didn't stand out in a negative way!

Thing with Chipchura is he'll round out as a third line heart and soul guy with captain capability. Anyone expecting more didnt quite realize his skillset when he was drafted. He was drafted more on intangibles than anything. He's not a guy you build a franchise around, but he's a guy you win championships with!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad