Value of: Kuznetsov to Avs

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
In the short-term it would be doable, as shown in the roster below.

However, it would cause some difficult decisions in 2023 when Mackinnon, Byram, and Newhook need new contracts. Kuznetsov is signed until 2025 and his M-NMC changes to only a 10-team no-trade list in 2022, so perhaps it could be treated as a 2 year deal with the intention of trading him again in 2023. That's obviously a risky approach though.

upload_2021-5-5_10-17-57-png.430031

upload_2021-5-5_10-18-29-png.430032

9 mil only for Makar is wishful thinking.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Nice necro. I wish I was right....
You were absolutely and completely right.

Kadri picked it up just in time for the playoffs, like we all knew at our very core he would. He’s a loser and the AVs deserve better but when you count on Kadri you’re bound to get burned.

There’s been a tremendous amount of assault on Kuznetsov’s character in this thread, are we supposed to just look the other way at Kadri’s? Fair is fair.

One of these players could have arguably won a Conn Smyth. The other is a proven born loser who can’t seem to change his habits of disrespecting the game, his opponents, and his teammates and leaving those who count on him the most high and dry. You either agree Kadri is stupid or you accept his continuous pathetic explanations of his continuous dirty and disrespectful acts in which case I’d argue you’re stupid. Life is about second chances, it’s not about fourth, fifth, eighth chances.

If the choice is Kadri or Kuznetsov, the Caps and AVs choose Kuznetsov all day, every day, twice on game days, and infinitely when it matters.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad