Confirmed with Link: Kurashev(750K) and Jones (1.35M) re-signed both 1 year

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Jones, overpaid, but it's a one year deal so whatever.

Kurashev got what was expected, but still good.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
damn Kurashev went from a guy Stan wouldn't include in the Seth Jones deal to a league min player...hope he figures it out this year with a new staff

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
Jones has lots of tools and has looked decent in spurts. Rather him than Stillman.

Still believe in Kurashev. There's more to squeeze out of him.
I agree with this human. Both have more in them. Still believe in the upside of Kurashev. I think he will flourish under new coaching and systems.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Both were drafted/acquired by the previous regime but both have the requisite qualifications of speed and effort the new regime prioritize.

I really like Kurashev. Hopefully he will start finding the back of the net so his effort gets rewarded.

Reactions: Muffinalt

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Kurashev just seems like a swiss army knife of a middle-six forward. He really just should have gone back to Rockford for 2020-21. Not that he played poorly in the NHL that year, but after only playing 36 games in Rockford in his first Pro season, I think he really would have benefited from another season down there.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Jones has lots of tools and has looked decent in spurts. Rather him than Stillman.

Still believe in Kurashev. There's more to squeeze out of him.
I prefer Stillman but whatever. I do think both are developing nicely. The likely reality is neither is here in 3 years so hopefully the development continues and they bring us something of value.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Those contracts are great for qualifying them next summer...instead of say both at $2 million...

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hopefully they move on from Stillman with Jones in fold

Jones is placeholder until one of the kids proves up to task of job

As for Kurashev he is just a guy at this point unless something drastic changes in his game

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I don't see either guy long term anyways. Both likely future trade bait. But it'll be nice to see both guys try to grow their games with likely more ice time on a bad team.

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
Can't complain about either of these.

Caleb is a good skater and I like his confidence. Doesn't seem like the smartest player, but maybe he will figure it out this year.

Don't really have an opinion on Kurashev, haven't paid much attention to him to be fair. For those who like him, what kind of player is he thought to potentially turn into?

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Jones, overpaid, but it's a one year deal so whatever.

Kurashev got what was expected, but still good.
Jones: Agreed but I think Caleb has more potential than most folks. Like his brother, he doesn't play mean enough for my liking and (unlike his brother) he tends to get pushed around by ops forwards and that needs to change.

Kurashev: He remains a mystery to me. He has skill and can look so good on occasion but in most other games he becomes rather invisible. Something like Kuhan, he has decent talent but not much to show for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: x Tame Impala

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Jones overpaid a bit. Kurashev under a bit. It evens out.

Kurashev doesn’t seem to have the offense to be a top six and lacking the grit or toughness to be a bottom six.

Reactions: Pertti

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Zawaski compared Kurashev to a Pirri-type AAAA player. It will be interesting to see whether Kurashev proves that wrong.

He hasn’t shown anything to prove him wrong at this point.

Kid disappears for long stretches and I can’t even remember him being in the lineup most nights.
Then he does something like this.

There is definitely upside but I don’t have my hopes up and wouldn’t pencil him in on future lineups 2 or 3 years down the road.

I will say he has great speed and hands and will probably stick around because of it but he needs to hit that next gear for us.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Don't agree with the idea that physicality is a problem for Kurashev, I actually think his willingness to engage is one of his assets. As far as a comp, a positive one would be a Versteeg type player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad