Kunitz's ex-nanny gets 5-years

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...tsburgh-penguins-gets-5-year-federal-sentence

PITTSBURGH -- A nanny formerly employed by Penguins player Chris Kunitz was sentenced Tuesday to five years in federal prison for setting fire to her rental residence and then filing fraudulent insurance claims for the contents.

The public defender for Andrea Forsythe, 28, unsuccessfully sought a term running concurrently to one she'll receive next month for thefts from Kunitz and other people for whom she worked as a nanny.

She also was ordered to pay more than $179,000 restitution to the insurance companies that covered her losses in the June 23, 2014, fire in Sturgeon.

In the other cases, Forsythe was convicted of numerous crimes and will be sentenced Jan. 3 by a judge in Allegheny County Common Pleas Court. Prosecutors say she stole $12,000 diamond earrings from Kunitz's home in 2013 and sold them to jewelry stores. The earrings were a birthday present for Kunitz's wife, Maureen.

ESPN (Disney) - the best place to go for sports tabloids. Anyway, it's an off day for the Pens and I found this oddly interesting. I wonder how often pro athletes have to deal with theft and crazy cases like this just due to their nature of travel and being rich...

Fordy

May 28, 2008
can't say i blame her, kunitz stole that money intially from the pens org anyway

Ziggyjoe21

Nov 12, 2003
Pitt
can't say i blame her, kunitz stole that money intially from the pens org anyway

I know it's cool to bash Kunitz around here but his cap hit is $3.7m, which was a steal up until 2014, and is a fair amount for a 40 point guy (which he was in 2015 and 2016). He is currently on pace for another 40 point season. You could do alot worse for $3.7 million.

If we had the option going back in time and nullifying Kunitz' extension and having him walk, that would be a big mistake.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
This is his new excuse for his poor play over the last year. The distraction kept his mind off of hockey.

And to add...he's not a 40 point guy unless he plays with 2 of the greatest centers to have ever played the game. How were his numbers with Bonino again?

Fordy

May 28, 2008
I know it's cool to bash Kunitz around here but his cap hit is $3.7m, which was a steal up until 2014, and is a fair amount for a 40 point guy (which he was in 2015 and 2016). He is currently on pace for another 40 point season. You could do alot worse for $3.7 million.

If we had the option going back in time and nullifying Kunitz' extension and having him walk, that would be a big mistake.

disagree

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

giphy.gif

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Feel bad for Kunitz. But since this was brought up...
Did she steal his iron?

Anyone else find it weird that NO ONE from the team, media, etc. has mentioned Kunitz's iron deficiency since it first came out? Like they initially tried to use it as an excuse as to why he sucks but no one bought it, so now they just sweep it all under the rug...

Now that's obviously (a little) sarcastic but it still makes me wonder

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
*runs into thread out of breath* Did she... steal his freakin... iron supplements????

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
She also stole his copies of The Iron Giant, Iron Butterfly Live, and a portrait of Margaret Thatcher.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
She also stole an autographed picture of his favorite wrestler when he was a kid Iron Mike Sharpe.

Griffin6612

Jun 28, 2007
With the title I honestly thought this was a joke about Ray Shero getting a 5 year extension or something.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Weird story. It's never fun to be robbed, particularly by someone you trusted and invited into your home.

farscape1

Jun 22, 2010
Pittsburgh
Me drinking Iron City while reading all of this.

Honestly though its a dam shame she did that. She was their Nanny, she helped take care of the kids and was surely well trusted. Sure she was being paid good money too. I just dont understand some people.

But back to fun times. She must have a cold Iron heart to do this to people.

Last edited:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Stress is hell on iron levels and so is losing the one who snuck his supplements into his food while he was distracted. Who watches the man in the iron mask with him now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad