Kunitz plays in 1000th game

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
Crazy how he started off being waivered by both the ducks and Atlanta. Then he ends up on the top line with Selanne for the cup win. Then ends up playing with Sid. Never give up.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
I was so annoyed with his play during his last couple of years as a Penguin, and then he scored this goal and all was forgiven:

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
On Spittin Chiclets podcast he jokes around how he hates Chris Kunitz because he was traded for him at the deadline and then Pittsburgh won the cup.

It ended up being a great thing for Pitt because Whitney had a nasty ankle problem that kept recurring. Anaheim got damaged goods
Whitney was very good out of the gate, but once that injury hit he was never the same guy

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
I was so annoyed with his play during his last couple of years as a Penguin, and then he scored this goal and all was forgiven:

I could be wrong but he made a really nice play on the 1st goal of that game as well. Not sure if he scored it or assisted, but a nice play nonetheless.

edit: he scored the first goal, and actually made a good play with a screen on the second goal before scoring the OT winner. Maybe his best game as a Penguin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Patric Hornqvist

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
pretty cool how he made it to 1000 games as an undrafted FA

huge part of that 07 ducks team playing on the top line with mcdonald and selanne

Reactions: LuG61

Hatfield

Jan 27, 2007
Any better undrafted player with more career achievements?

Unless we're just talking about Cups: Adam Oates, Peter Stastny, Dino Ciccarelli, Joe Mullen, Martin St. Louis, Borje Salming, Ed Belfour, Sergei Bobrovsky...

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Classy.
DzaHt5nX0AArRqk.jpg:large

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad