Value of: Kulikov to the highest bidder

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Ok. And a late 2nd in a garbage draft = Nylander who was taken 8th in a real good draft :laugh:

and Dumoulin>Kulikov this season but over his career Kulikov has been better. Kulikov is only a year older then Dumoulin and Dumoulin is a marginal upgrade if that. Again absolutely horrendous proposal. Removing Kulikov from the trade still leaves it a terrible proposal. Nylander alone will bring back a much better dman then Dumoulin.

Dumoulin was a top pairing Dman on a cup team. Kulikov is a #4 Dman at best

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Honest question, is he any good at defense? Like even decent? If so, Leafs should take a look.

With the Panthers toward the end of career there, yes. Can't comment on his time in Buffalo.

I see a late first or a 2nd and a B- level prospect

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Leafs offer their last second round pick in the 2017 draft

Rielly - Zaitsev
Gardiner - Carrick
Kulikov - Marchenko/Polak

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
Ok. And a late 2nd in a garbage draft = Nylander who was taken 8th in a real good draft :laugh:

and Dumoulin>Kulikov this season but over his career Kulikov has been better. Kulikov is only a year older then Dumoulin and Dumoulin is a marginal upgrade if that. Again absolutely horrendous proposal. Removing Kulikov from the trade still leaves it a terrible proposal. Nylander alone will bring back a much better dman then Dumoulin.

When did i mention tHe 2nd for Nylander? I didnt post the offer. You were calling out the Kulikov part and hes not that great. #4-5 guy at best on a good team. Doum is in the #2-3 range

Last edited:

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
Would take a chance on hun from Toronto's POV, plus we have too many prospects in the cupboards, and a decent amount of draft picks. Does two 2nd's cut it? Or 2nd, 3rd, and Piccinich?

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
When did i mention tje 2nd for Nylander? I didnt post the offer. You were calling out the Kulikovpart and hes not that great. #4-5 guy at best on a good team. Doum is in the #2-3 range

I've watched a fair amount of Pittsburgh games, and its a very long stretch to say that doum is a #2 guy. He's a 3-4, and Kulikov is a 4. Regardless, the difference between them is not Nylander.

Hank Scorpio

Mar 7, 2010
IF Bergevin use Beaulieu in a package top get a top 6 forward then he would be a perfect fit in Montreal (for a 2nd) but i dont see that happening.

Edit: I just noticed.. the Habs would have 4 Russian Dmen (Markov, Emelin, Nesterov, Kulikov)
Did that ever happen??

I'm not sure but they also have Sergachev. There would be a good chance that, if they kept him, they would start the season with Weber, Petry and five Russian D.

Bergevin has spoken about the importance of depth D before but I'm beginning to wonder if it's more about collecting then team building... he's pretty much become the GM equivalent of a sneaker head. It started off when he picked up a nice pair of kicks on a whim but, next thing he knew, he was standing outside a Footlocker at 5a.m. waiting on a pair of BRed 11's questioning what he's doing with his life while simultaneously plotting how to make a move to get ahead of the guy three spaces ahead of him and possibly wears size 13's too because you know there's only like, one pair, of 13's while they have a warehouse full of 9's and 10's.

So, yea, I guess what I'm saying is MB will trade for him regardless of Beaulieu because he can't have some other GM's Russian Dman styling on him. :nod:

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
Hahaha, ya like Buffalo is going to trade Kulikov to the Leafs. Man, you guys crack me up.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Buffalo and Pittsburg heavily scouting one another.

Is there a Kulikov + package in the works for Maatta?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Worse defensemen than Kulikov routinely bring back more than a lone 2nd rounder at the deadline. Given how many teams are still "in it," I'm not imagining this year will be a buyer's market.
The market has been becoming less seller friendly the last few years, it's like GMs are finally starting to clue in that this is when they make their worst trades. I think Kulikov will return at best what Russell did last year, a 2nd, a B prospect and a lesser roster player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad