Kulda (LAT) suspended - 3 games

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
The thing I don't like about this hit the most is that Kulda didn't go and look at the guy if he's ok or what's going on during those 3 minutes. I think players should do that when something like this happens.

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
Im not surprised they suspended him. He did leave his feet a bit and did go for the head area, but it does seem a bit harsh to. It was a penalty and discipline needed to be addressed. But just an all around bad situation. Wasn't a pure clean hit, but wasn't something severely malicious either. I dont think he tried to pull a Ruutu on him. Bad luck all in all. Dissapointed to see Martinek leave our defense. Hope he recovers well.

Peter K

Dec 30, 2009
Latvija
Looking at the replay, it obviously was an ugly hit.
Deserved some form of punishment, although 3 games... debatable.

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
Deserved one or two-game suspension, three might be bit too much in a short tournament like World Championships.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Martinek's head was down and Kulda lift his skates little bit too much but his hands were down...clocked him with his shoulder. 3 games, wow.

If Martinek wouldn't have been hurt it would have been just maybe 2 minutes and if Martinek had his head up play would have continued with no major problem.

So he got concussion?, hopefully not a bad one. Was this his first?

Davebo*

I was all for a suspension, but the more I watch this hit the more I'm convinced the Latvian player didn't intend to injure at all.

One game - tops - to send a message. Three games is ridiculous, and reactionary only. IIHF got it wrong in this case.

zyklone

Dec 29, 2009
Did not look like a very bad hit at all.
A bit of a jump but i really think the boards/glass is the problem is this tournament.

Way too many injuries from standard hits.

Davebo*

I finally found a replay on which they were showing that he jumped.

Good! Can you show it to us, this replay? :)

Hopefully the picture you're showing isn't your proof! That is not at the initial point of contact, but after contact was already made.

Besides - what you're showing is not worth three games! :laugh:

Peter K

Dec 30, 2009
Latvija

Hopefully the picture you're showing isn't your proof! That is not at the initial point of contact, but after contact was already made.

arturskuldahit2.jpg

arturskuldahit.jpg

Erathian

May 18, 2010
Czech republic

Yeah, sorry, I had no time to cut it from original video and upload it.

On the first replay they say that Kulda jumped and on the next one that Martinek is already not in possession of the puck because Havlat recieved the pass. In the end they added that it was a hit to the head and neck. Just to know what they are speaking about.

http://img263.imageshack.us/i/fhp.mp4/

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
Didn't even deserve 2 mins.

They could have suspended him for one game, but three means basically the whole tournament for us. The problem is that, if they wanted to send out a message to the players, then this was the worst example. SWE - NOR game had much better examples. The refs should have done their job.

I still hope Martinek will get better soon.

kouryuu

Apr 28, 2010
Riga
Stupid IIHF sellouts. There goes one of our best D's. Was a clean hit, shoulder on shoulder.

Not a pure Hit, but none the less NO reason for 3 Games

Yeah a pity, he was the best player in that game, not because of the hit, but his play.

Really sorry for the Martinek, Hope he recovers quickly

As far as i know there will be an appeal.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Not sure if this is the right video (Can't view it now) - Found it in the Sweden vs Norway thread...

This hit (If it's the one I'm thinking about) didn't even get a minor penalty..

The ref stands besides and does nothing...

Watch and comment please..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtWa1FdISJk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad