Rumor: Kuklas, Malik Part Ways

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
The advent of twitter seems to have made blogs kind of useless.
Still, it's interesting to see Paul Kuklas and George Malik have split.
The Malik Report - Kukla's Korner
When I first started and through today, my goal has always been to inform hockey fans with the latest news.

Regarding the Wings, that will not change.

I can tell you information will continue to flow but the main topic will be the current NHL club and maybe touching on occasion on a few other items.

This information will be posted at A2Y and of course the live blog on game days will continue.

I've never been a big fan of Malik, but I respected that he went after it.

Here's George's resignation from the blog.

Today, the Malik Report is changing course. After working for Paul for eight years, I've decided to step away from Kukla's Korner and to start my own blog--a crowd-funded one--at The Malik Report

It's been an incredibly difficult decision-making process in choosing to begin this new adventure, but I believe that it's simply time to try running my own blog without any outside assistance or sponsorship, and I'm ready to give 'er a go.

I'm incredibly and profoundly grateful to Paul for his support and guidance over the past eight years. He's been a tremendous role model and friend, and I will miss working with him...And I'm incredibly grateful to you, dear readers, for having supported my work and having created a TMR community that's thrived over the past 8 years. Thank you so much for your readership.

I'm ready to get started on a new chapter of my blogging career, and today, the journey begins anew.

Anyway, Kuklas blog sure got stale. He still hasn't upgraded to a mobile-friendly website.

Malik's new website looks like crap. It's mobile friendly, but he's never heard of teasers, I guess.

I wish both of these guys luck. Both have been providing Red Wings fans with information for a long time. Whatever their faults, I prefer their stuff to the snots at Winging It in Motown.

But, quite honestly, as evidenced by today's post, I simply wasn't checking their website the way I once did. I used to check TMR daily just to see the headlines. But Reddit and Twitter do a lot of that "information clearinghouse" duty nowadays.
You can see that giant sites like HFboards struggle to get the traffic and engagement they once got. 10 years ago, 3 weeks out from the trade deadline, posts on the trade board would fall to page 2 if nobody responded in the last two hours.

Last edited:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
That kind of stinks. But I don’t think they broke anything in years. And I don’t really care for them too much

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
That kind of stinks. But I don’t think they broke anything in years. And I don’t really care for them too much
I don't follow either of them, but it's hard to break news regarding a team that has been anything but newsworthy for at the very least: half a decade.

Biggest news: wing's DON'T sign Cleary... More at 11

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017

The only way George ever broke anything was with translations for Euro articles.
When I did the snapshots blog for Mlive back in like 05 or whenever the lockout was ending, I was able to scoop the beat writers on the Datsyuk contract a few times just by google translating Russian press articles.

It was fun for me at the time. But it got boring once the season started and all that was left to do was blog about what the beat writers were doing.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Yeah, I haven't read either site in years. It's tough to be a news aggregator now that everything is on Twitter. Good for Malik though, always appreciate those who find a niche and build it into something sustainable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad