Confirmed with Link: Kukan 2 year extension

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Glad to see Kukan in the fold. I like his game, which I think has room to grow despite his age. Solid bottom pair guy who looks competent on the rare PP chances he gets.

Reactions: Monstershockey

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Glad to see Kukan in the fold. I like his game, which I think has room to grow despite his age. Solid bottom pair guy who looks competent on the rare PP chances he gets.
I think Kukan has shown he can play higher in the pairings. I still get goose bumps thinking about that goal he blasted past Rask in Game 5 of the Bruins series last season.

I wonder what the terms are.

Reactions: Viqsi

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I don't totally understand Jarmo's strategy. Our blue line is already crowded and continues to be with these signings. Have to think a trade is in the offing. I mean, Peeke has shown he can play and will likely earn a spot in the next two years, if not earlier. But...now we have 8 blue liners on one-way deals + Peeke. Harrington and Murray have no trade value. Z and Jones aren't getting traded. So we're probably looking at moving Savard or Nutivaara either at the TDL or this summer.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I don't totally understand Jarmo's strategy. Our blue line is already crowded and continues to be with these signings. Have to think a trade is in the offing. I mean, Peeke has shown he can play and will likely earn a spot in the next two years, if not earlier. But...now we have 8 blue liners on one-way deals + Peeke. Harrington and Murray have no trade value. Z and Jones aren't getting traded. So we're probably looking at moving Savard or Nutivaara either at the TDL or this summer.

I would think Savard is safe until the summer. Peeke has looked good and will be a regular next year, but trading Savard wouldn't be good for the room in the middle of the season.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I have to agree about maybe a trade coming. It may even include Kukan.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
I like the signing, for depth purposes - can't have enough D, CBJ learned that before

Murray is on IR preputally, so signings like this are key.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
In my mind I have already moved on from Murray. Put him on the trading block leading up to the draft and get the best deal you can even if its just a 4th rounder. Would anyone be OK with CBJ paying half his salary for one season for a 2nd rounder? We kinda need his roster spot more than we need him.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL

1. Besides the ones you mentioned, we don’t have much else in the pipeline. Maybe Carlsson, if you still believe in him.

2. I think Murray has a bit more trade value than you do, but regardless, as you mentioned, it’s likely someone is moved this offseason.

3. Both Murray and Savard are UFA after next season. We’ll likely lose one, possibly both.

4. The expansion draft takes place after next season. If we go the 7-3 route, we’re likely losing a defenseman, particularly since Texier and Bemstrom are exempt.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Savard is pretty important as a RHD and is well liked off the ice (especially by Dubois and Werenski). I think he is in the fold long term.

One other thing to keep in mind will be the effect that the expansion draft has. I believe Gavrikov is exempt.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Savard is pretty important as a RHD and is well liked off the ice (especially by Dubois and Werenski). I think he is in the fold long term.

One other thing to keep in mind will be the effect that the expansion draft has. I believe Gavrikov is exempt.

According to capfriendly, Gavrikov is not exempt. Which is another reason to sign Kukan.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
When Gavrikov signed and played a couple games last year, that means next year will be his 3rd, which will make him eligible for the expansion draft (unless traded or protected). Savard will be UFA 10 or 15 days after the expansion draft. Ditto for Filigno and Dubinsky.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I hoped less than 2m , 1.65 is honestly amazing. same price as harrington, shorter deal, buy a ufa year, available at the draft.

Can't really do better than that

Reactions: MoeBartoli

pled

Sep 7, 2009
you can keep 8 blue liners... it's not like its an issue. just bench some. trade harry for future consideration to a teem that need a 7th going in the playoff at worse. no need to trade Savy or nuti

pled

Sep 7, 2009
In my mind I have already moved on from Murray. Put him on the trading block leading up to the draft and get the best deal you can even if its just a 4th rounder. Would anyone be OK with CBJ paying half his salary for one season for a 2nd rounder? We kinda need his roster spot more than we need him.
what do they need his roster spot for ? to rush peeke ? I still think he has more value than that anyway.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
what do they need his roster spot for ? to rush peeke ? I still think he has more value than that anyway.
Because we have seven even without Peeke: Jones, Z, Savard, Gavrikov, Nuti, Kukan and Harry. Then we have Peeker and Clendenning in Cleveland. We need his roster spot so we can carry an extra offensive player...not so we can keep an extra d-man.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Because we have seven even without Peeke: Jones, Z, Savard, Gavrikov, Nuti, Kukan and Harry. Then we have Peeker and Clendenning in Cleveland. We need his roster spot so we can carry an extra offensive player...not so we can keep an extra d-man.
it's convenient but it's not like a necessity

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012

Murray?

:dunno:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Yup, that's the emoticon all fans have been using regarding Murray for the last few years.
  • "Where's Murray I don't see him on the game day roster" :dunno:
  • "Hey, when's Murray gonna be back from injury" :dunno:
  • "27, 27, 27...who wears 27" :dunno:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    339 bytes · Views: 1

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
There is no way I’d sign Murray next year unless it’s for a song. He’s a good play, but the reliability just isn’t there.....Who I would resign is Savard. Yes, he’ll be older which is a concern, but he so relies on a positional game that I think he’ll be fine. And he and Gav together are arguably a better defensive D-pairing than Jones and Zach.

Add Peeke and Nuti/Nuti (anticipating one will be packaged out) as the bottom pairing (Harry the 7th man) and you’re set.

Reactions: Monstershockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad