Kucherov having an insane season (125 pts in 79 games) - most since 2007 season

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Why the Flames specifically? Everyone passed on him
The Flames’ director of scouting had Kucherov and Johnny Gaudreau saved in his back pocket as wild cards. He was hoping to land both, but because the team decided to stick to the list instead, Kucherov was nabbed the draft pick after.

The Flames had 2 second round picks before Kucherov was selected and didn’t pick him. Darn list. Tod Button should’ve just went with his gut and taken both Kucherov and Gaudreau with those picks instead of Wotherspoon and Granlund who are no longer eith the organization.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Is it supposed to go to the best player in the league?

Hart goes to the most valuable to his team, not the best. Art Ross goes to the best player in terms of points.

As if this needs to be explained on a hockey forum. Kane is my favourite player in the league but Kucherov has been valuable to his team since the start, he didn't only wake up in the 2nd half of the season like Kane did.

Reactions: Post Karl Malone

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Hart goes to the most valuable to his team, not the best. Art Ross goes to the best player in terms of points.

As if this needs to be explained on a hockey forum.
Guy, what award is almost universally viewed as going to the best player on the league each year?

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I'm so jealous he was toying with Montreal a few nights ago , what a treat to watch even as a Habs fan. He's playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers...What a player and just a generally dominant team!

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
He's the best player in the League this season. Going in, it was Connor McDavid after he won the Ross and Lindsay two years in a row, but Kucherov is going to join him at the top (or even usurp him if he really crushes everyone in scoring and kills it in the playoffs) after this season.

Reactions: Devonator

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
The NHL loves taking “MVP” uber literally when it should just be given to the best player.

The Hart isn't for the Most Valuable Player. It's for the most valuable player to his team. That gives it a bit of leeway to go to someone who basically carried their team to the playoffs.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
His development curve is insane. It feels like he's been in the league forever but he's still just 25 years old.

He's on pace for about 135 points, one hot streak on top of his ridiculous pace and he's sitting at 140 points (provided he isn't rested down the stretch).

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Why? They already have an award for both Most Outstanding Player (Lindsay) and most points (Art Ross).
The Lindsay is voted on by the players, the Hart is the media. That’s really the main difference between those two. Lot of times the Hart winner gets that too, soo...

The best player is inherently the “most valuable” player. That’s it.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Who cares about Hart? Hart is an overrated award. It's not the best player award, which arguably Kucherov is at the moment is. What an absolute monster he is. I seriously need to catch more Lightning games, which I haven't been doing at all lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad