Kucherov having an insane season (125 pts in 79 games) - most since 2007 season

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
the hart should not be best player on the most mediocre team
So what are you proposing? Should the Hart and Lindsay trophy go to the same player? Why even have two separate trophies then? Synonyms for the word valuable: helpful, important, useful. Not voted the best. That's the Lindsay.

How about the other way around, should only players on good teams be awarded for their excellent performances? Why should Kucherov automatically be awarded the MVP trophy, when Tampa would probably still be at the top of the league? Kucherov will still win awards, so I don't see what the big deal is. Or should all trophies be his?

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Most Assists in One Season by NHL Players

All centers with the super gaudy numbers.

Biggest number by a winger, if I'm not mistaken, is Jagr's 87. (Weirdly, both Coffey and Orr, defensemen, cracked 90.)

Kucherov is on pace for 94.

That is insane.

Meanwhile Sabres lost 2-1 in a shootout, Kuch held to 1G.. am I wrong for wanting my team to suck more in that situation? Like if you're gonna lose, lose via Kuch's million points.

ChiefWiggum

Dec 17, 2016
Newfoundland
A season or two ago, I believe McDavid surpassed Crosby as the best player in the world, relegating Crosby to number 2. Has Kucherov now proven that he has overtaken Crosby as the number 2 best player in the world?

Reactions: Sk8M8

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Pls. No more. There's like 45 threads about Tampa and Kucherov already.

Even Kucherov is getting sick of them.
UNghlF7.gif

Reactions: pi314

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
I tend to move slowly, and I'm beginning to warm up to him now. I didn't put too much stock into what happened last year, but two 100 point seasons can't be attributed to just fluke. It doesn't really matter where we all have him relative to Crosby or McDavid. Just let him do his thing.

Reactions: Aspirine and Sk8M8

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
sure

I think Kane is probably ahead of him too at this point,he doesn't get enough respect in these things

even with his underwhelming year last year Kane has 12 more points than anyone else in the league over the past 4 seasons

Reactions: wetcoast

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
If he finishes the season ten or more points ahead of CMD and has a strong playoffs, they'll be 1A and 1B for me heading into next season.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
#1, not just this season, all time. Gretzky couldn't touch McDavid let alone Kucherov in today's game.

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
Unless you go with the Daver grace period

1 - Kucherov / McDavid
2 - Kane
3 - Other people :)

And if you make me rank Kuch & McDavid it's Kucherov by a hair...

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
A season or two ago, I believe McDavid surpassed Crosby as the best player in the world, relegating Crosby to number 2. Has Kucherov now proven that he has overtaken Crosby as the number 2 best player in the world?

No he hasn't. He will win the Art Ross but not the Hart this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad