Kucherov and Kopitar...the two best players so far?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Maybe if Leafs fans look at how other teams players are performing..

Plenty of guys around the league are off to great starts.
Name the 10 forwards. I don't even think Matthews has been on Kucherovs level but Matthews has dominated.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Matthews has easily been the best player in the league thus far.
He's been great but to say he's been easily the best so far is hardly an objective statement.

There's a whole bunch of guys playing at an elite level. I'm a Kings fan and as good as Kopitar has been, I wouldn't say he's been top 2. Kucherov has been the guy impressing me the most at the moment after that it's a crapshoot with about 10-15 guys you can't objectively separate at this stage. They have all been so close in performance there needs to be more of a sample size before they can be properly assessed.

On a side note, Stamkos has really impressed me with how he has adjusted his game to dove-tail so well with Kucherov. It takes a top player to make such adjustments and continue to be a key factor.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Kopitar has been Amazing he said all summer he was going to have a comeback year. His numbers are great and he’s only played four or five games.

Kucherov has scored in every game and well his dominance speaks for itself.

There’s others like ovechkin with back to back hattricks and his two teammates that love getting the apples.

Matthews, Crosby, Toews, stamkos, Malkin, I literally can’t keep up with how many players are doing great right now. Scoring is up and guys like Saad and Brayden point, EIchel, Panarin, Hartman, so many guys are over a pt a game and the three flyers cotourier, giroux and voracek have been craz good too.

With so many dominant players I think the two I named at the top though take the cake, who do you think is the best thus far?

In no order, I'd say the players performing the best so far are;

Kucherov (#1 for me)
Kopitar
Matthews
Ovi
Ehlers

Reactions: Iceman

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
Outside of the obvious.

Couturier - Over a point a game and +9 (Him and Kopi are going to be fighting for the Selke)

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
It's been such a treat to watch Kucherov. Don't know if he's been the best since I haven't watched too many games from other teams than the Lightning but this isn't just a hot streak. He merely has continued from where he left off last season. He worked on his already lethal shot for the whole summer and we're now reaping the benefits of that. That first line also has some serious chemistry going.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad