Player Discussion Kristians Rubins, review as a player?

Gubbhornet

Dec 5, 2019
I know he was traded to the Flames but he didn't do many games for them. He will be playing for my team i Sweden (MoDo) and I am curious about what you guys thought of his strengths and weaknesses as a player?

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Looks like he only had a cup of coffee with Belleville. Better off asking on the Leafs/Marlies board from the looks of his career.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Never in my life have I heard of this player.

Interesting. He played a half year with Belleville, I must have glossed over that completely.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He played a little for Toronto, but was mostly an AHL player & not a great one. He's a big slow defensive defenceman who will bring size & a little toughness to a defence, he won't be a game changer in any way.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I'm hardly an expert, but as a fan of the Ottawa Senators I can categorically say that I won't miss Kristians Rubins one bit.

Gubbhornet

Dec 5, 2019
He was an AHLer for sure. What we hope for is someone who can log defensive minutes. We got promoted to top leauge (SHL) this year and will need to fight to avoid the relegation spots this coming year.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
Rubins is the guy who scored the tying and then the overtime winning goal against the Americans to win the bronze medal for Latvia at this year's world championships. I was a little disappointed when we shipped him out. I always like the Latvians.

Reactions: aragorn

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
For some reason I thought the poster was referring LA Kings legend Raitus Ivanans.

I have zero recollection of Rubins in Sens org.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad