Confirmed with Link: Kris Versteeg signs with Rockford (EDIT: Decides to Hang Up Skates on 11/17/19)

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Would he have out clause that allows him to sign with NHL team mid season if there is interest? Or does AHL not allow that?

Cause if he does have out this opens door for Hawks to bring him back next year if he plays well and we have injury issues or any NHL team

Either way good for Versteeg and I wouldn't be shocked if when he hangs em up he finds his way into Hawks fold probably in similar role as Burish/Mayers on TV
I believe that he'd be able to sign an NHL contract with the Hawks, but would likely need permission from the Icehogs if he were to sign an NHL deal elsewhere.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
You don't remember how Leaf fans threw trash all over his car and spit on it while he was playing for them and booed him when he was on team

I actually forgot about that. :laugh: Yea he wasn't very liked there. He was great with the Panthers until his knee got destroyed.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Leaf fans were *****ebags who thought Steeger was going to be star when he was acquired by them

They got inconsistent Steeger (Was still on pace to score 20+ goals and 45-55 pts for them) and didn't like his personality. Also they scapegoated him as part of reason the team was not success
and even further evidence why most of the hockey population hopes the Leafs crash and f***ing burn..f***ing tools..

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I really appreciate that this turned into a Leaf bashing thread. They’re so obnoxious come playoff time.

Luckily they’re close to running Marner out of town due to the playoffs. They don’t deserve that kind of talent.

Reactions: AmericanDream

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Why wouldn't the Hogs sign him?

He is better then most of roster and should be good for them to have around next year on and off the ice
Sorry BWC ... it was meant to be a joke. Of all posters, I would have thought you'd like it ... considering I was mocking Stan.

You're right though ... I certainly don't care what the Hogs do with their roster as long as they play our prospects.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Better be a mentor in AHL. If he is a LW with Kane or plays a role with Blackhawks, I'm going to lose it.

I laughed his comment about taking 1 on 1 against men in SHL. I watched him a bit in Växjö and I thought he wasn't good at all. His speed wasn't problem because there was a lot more space and obviously he has pretty soft hands to dangle, but when there aren't space, he is done.

Be a mentor Kris and team's DJ when we win the Cup again.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Versteeg will be a good player for RFD. Glad he will be around. He gets good money and maybe he just wants to be with the Hawks organisation?

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
I really appreciate that this turned into a Leaf bashing thread. They’re so obnoxious come playoff time.

Luckily they’re close to running Marner out of town due to the playoffs. They don’t deserve that kind of talent.

Ya but not all Leafs fans are like that, such a large fan base you are due for some crazies. I would much rather see Boston gone. Did I mention how happy I am the see Nashville gone. Yesssss!!!!!

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
This is the kind of story Laz eats up, surely enough, already has an article about it lol

Can't imagine giving him clicks

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Versteeg should be a great mentor for the kids. Seems like he'll embrace that role. Should be a good segue into landing a job with an NHL organization. Really hope this works out.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018

I liked that in the vast majority of this interview when he was talking about his role he kept bringing up that he wanted to give back and be a mentor to some of these kids.

Could be a great signing for Rockford. Need some vets to help carry the mail and show the kids how to be professionals. Any way about it, rockfords gonna be a fun team to keep any eye on next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad