Signing(s): Kris Bryant signs with the Rockies (7 years, $182 million)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
:huh:

That is how I feel about it. No idea what the Rockies are attempting to do.
I saw this posted on another board, I’ll c/p cause it fits

The Rockies are like that one moron in everybody’s fantasy league that irrationally fall in love with certain random guys and then give everyone else away for 10 cents on the dollar. How on earth do you throw away Arenado AND PAY $50M+ ON HIS CONTRACT and then give that deal to Kris Bryant. Defies explanation.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
There's a lot of things to look at this Bryant deal and all of them reflect very poorly on the Rockies;

- Bryant's market was likely small as teams like Seattle, Toronto and allegedly San Francisco all pulled out relatively early in the re-opened free agent period. No team was stupid enough to even consider the deal he got so the Rockies essentially bid, and then outbid themselves. Great sign for their new front office

- They traded a franchise caliber 3B and 50 million dollars away because the prior GM was an idiot and then had to sign a shittier, more banged up 3B to fill the hole.

-All of this stupidity could have been avoided if the Rockies ****ing fired their old GM, Jeff Bridich when pretty much every move he made prior to this failed miserably. The Ian Desmond signing, pretty much every bullpen arm he signed, that f***ing atrocity of a Charlie Blackmon extension, Daniel Murphy, giving up Arenado and getting absolutely nothing in return even with the 50 million in cash, etc

Last edited:
Reactions: Voight

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
I mean….do the Rockies know he hasn’t been the same since he got hit in the head?

Could he hit 50 in Coors? Sure. But the chances he plays 130 are slim. The guy is hurt every single year.

This isn’t the same guy who won ROY and MVP in back to back years. And he turned down 250 mil a couple years ago.

He’s Colorados problem now.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
I mean….do the Rockies know he hasn’t been the same since he got hit in the head?

Could he hit 50 in Coors? Sure. But the chances he plays 130 are slim. The guy is hurt every single year.

This isn’t the same guy who won ROY and MVP in back to back years. And he turned down 250 mil a couple years ago.

Time to change the username.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

So much for that Cubs dynasty eh :laugh:

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
So much for that Cubs dynasty eh :laugh:
Yeah well when you have an owner who’s content with one WS what can you expect?

Still, Hoyer has made some solid trades and the Cubs are stacked in the lower levels. This time they need to trade these guys while their value is high instead of riding out players the owner doesn’t want to pay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad