Value of: Kreider to the Flames

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
IMO, pieces we have worth chatting with are: (#4-6 upside as Dmen, middle 6 upside for F, somewhat NHL ready pieces, but haven't been really been completely field tested)

Andersson (prefer to keep... hasn't played pro though)
Wotherspoon OR Jokipakka (Each other's redundancies. Defensive Dmen, both current #6 NHL Dmen maybe max #4 upside?)
Poirier OR Klimchuk (Redundant with Shinkaruk and Pribyl. Middle 6 upside pieces)
Pollock (Could be redundant if Vey rediscovers his game. Pollock has not played pros yet though)
Picks

If we needed NYR to take on cap, I think Stajan (C/RW 3.2M 2 YR), Bouma (C/LW 2.1M 1 YR) and Bollig(LW 1.1M 1 YR) are the worst we'd ask you to consider taking on.

Bollig for Glass maybe to start the chats? NYR pays more cash, but gets same style younger guy and more cap space for a single year (but I don't think you guys are dire for cap this season, no?). Seems like a pointless move though.

I think if both sides were intentional, something could work out in favor of both teams. But there doesn't seem to be an obvious trade right off the bat.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Wideman (to replace yandle for a year and offset the cap hit) + Andersson + conditional 2017 1st (flames make playoffs (2017 2nd if not))

Of course contingent on Kreider actually wanting to sign in Calgary.

Edit: After looking at Calgary's long-term cap situation, they really don't have room for another forward signed at ~4 mil long term. If they hadn't signed Brouwer I'd be in favour of going after him. Both Bennett and Elliott (or a replacement goalie) will be adding at least 6 million to the Flames cap after this year, Wideman's expiring deal should have enough room for those two, assuming a stagnant cap, of course.

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
It ain't like I'm in a hurry to move Chris Kreider and it's not like I'm asking about their player. A fan of theirs is asking about one of ours. If the Calgary GM were to inquire to me (if I were the Rangers GM) about Kreider that's pretty much the answer he'd get back. I'm not saying that it would be smart (or not) of him to take me up on that but if he's going to get Kreider to his team he's going to have to make me happy somehow and I'm not that easy.

like I said, ordinary fair value will not cut the mustard.
And notice how all the threads ask for Kreider?
Drives the price up.

I think BurnUmUp means #3. Not top 3.

I'd prefer not to move Andersson, but Andersson + 2nd/Klimchuk I could get behind. We will need to draft/trade for a decent top 4 potential RHD perhaps after such a trade, and Andersson would be reunited with his bro. Kreider is a good piece. I can understand if NYR doesn't want to move him for a package of prospects.

The only piece we really need right now is a 2LW. Quantity prospects and near NHL ready prospects to NYR is what we can offer. I don't think we need Hayes after acquiring Brouwer and Chiasson.

Zuc.
unless... would you consider something around
Hamilton + Stepan?

I'd have no interest in Stepan or Brassard. I'm pretty comfortable with the center depth right now. Monahan + Backlund + Bennett, plus Jankowski who could potentially earn a spot.

Zuccarello is interesting, although I'd really prefer someone with more size. Also don't think the Flames could make it work without cap going back to the Rangers. 15 mil in space, but Monahan and Gaudreau haven't been re-signed yet. Chances are that takes up most of that space.

Ok, if your no interest in Step is representative, fine.
Zuc we can agree upon, most likely.

If Palmieri got 4.65 per year, Kreider should get around 3.8-4.3 id say.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Young players, almost NHL ready prospects and picks are our biggest needs.

Kreider is one of the few young players we have. Which is why I'd rather keep him over Brassard and Zuccarello.

Just more out of curiosity than anything, what would the asking price on Brassard be? And Zuccarello to a much lesser extent?

While we may be okay at center with Monahan, Backlund and Bennett, to add a cost controlled 60 point player who is 28 will always be of interest to me.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Rasmus Andersson - First team OHL Allstar, most points by a D in the OHL. 53rd overall in 2015.

I'm biased, I love Rasmus and wouldn't move him :laugh:

I know it's only one game, but at the Flames scrimmage this guy looked the most NHL ready on both ends, while having guys who've played professionally hockey there; all while being the Professor of hockey (fitness? What fitness?)

Smoking Jets

Jun 24, 2013
Flames should just focus on signing Johnny, Mony, Jorki and Joury then see what happens at training camp.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I remember a while ago a Flames fan proposed Rasmus Andersson + their 2016 2nd.

Seemed to be a well received trade. I'd have done it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad