Value of: Kreider to the Flames

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Just curious, what would it take? With the Flames always wanting to add size and be tougher to player against, Kreider seems like a good fit.

What players or assets would it take to land Kreider in Calgary?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I don't even know who the Flames have that I would want. I'm not familiar with their farm system aside from Tkachuk, who is obviously out of the question here.

RangerRick61

Feb 15, 2015
Canada
If you're looking at Calgary's farm team, I think we (Rangers) would look at Rasmus Andersson to be included in the deal.

RangerRick61

Feb 15, 2015
Canada
Just curious, what would it take? With the Flames always wanting to add size and be tougher to player against, Kreider seems like a good fit.

What players or assets would it take to land Kreider in Calgary?

I feel Calgary would be more interested in Hayes though due to him playing with JG at BC and them being good buddies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I feel Calgary would be more interested in Hayes though due to him playing with JG at BC and them being good buddies.

I personally have no interest in Hayes. I think we just let an identical player in Joe Colborne walk for free.

I think the style that Kreider plays makes him much more attractive.

RangerRick61

Feb 15, 2015
Canada
I personally have no interest in Hayes. I think we just let an identical player in Joe Colborne walk for free.

I think the style that Kreider plays makes him much more attractive.

Yeah he does play a fast style that will fit with Calgary. I read that Calgary is trying to beef up to compete with the big bodied West. Kreider + Glass :sarcasm:

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010

Nah. With Hayes apparently being a better centre than winger, along with somewhat soft and inconsistent, the Flames wouldn't have much interest.

Maybe something like Andersson+Klimchuk for Kreider.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Can't see a deal that works for the Rangers without Kylington or Andersson.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Id imagine Calgary would look for Rangers to add if we wanted Hamilton.

It ain't like I'm in a hurry to move Chris Kreider and it's not like I'm asking about their player. A fan of theirs is asking about one of ours. If the Calgary GM were to inquire to me (if I were the Rangers GM) about Kreider that's pretty much the answer he'd get back. I'm not saying that it would be smart (or not) of him to take me up on that but if he's going to get Kreider to his team he's going to have to make me happy somehow and I'm not that easy.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Rangers and Flames are good trading partners, and not just for Kreider. Stepan, Brassard to give them insane depth down the middle or to insulate Bennett, or Zuccarello, pretty similar to Hudler, go with JG and Monahan.

We are on the opposite side of the spectrum here. Flames are a good young up and coming team, primed for years of contention if they can take the next step. Plus they have a boat load of almost NHL ready prospects, which we obviously are desperate for.

Or at least we should be.

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
I'd be willing to part with a combination of prospects/picks for Kreider, but we certainly aren't giving up a piece of our young core for him. Dougie Hamilton is off the table for Kreider, and if he were to be on the table it would be Kreider ++

Dmen carry more value than wingers do as a general rule, and in this case we're talking about a 23 year old top 3 Dman who is still developing and despite that still produces as much offense as the winger in question.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I'm not at all sure what the Rangers needs are but something value wise around Andersson + 2nd?

Young players, almost NHL ready prospects and picks are our biggest needs.

Kreider is one of the few young players we have. Which is why I'd rather keep him over Brassard and Zuccarello.

Last edited:

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
Also, when the Flames eventually re-up Monahan/Gaudreau then we are up against the cap pretty much.

What is Kreider looking at for a new deal? $4 million +?

Flames need to either clear some cap in a Kreider trade or have another deal lined up where they clear some cap.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Thanks but a guy w/Kreider beast factor is extremely difficult to replace.

He either
does not go w/out huge overpay
or
is throw in part of a deal for an elite.

Thanks for polite inquiry
do not see middle ground here.

We need to get younger, cheaper.
Stepan / Zuc are the right side of 30; any interest?

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I think BurnUmUp means #3. Not top 3.

I'd prefer not to move Andersson, but Andersson + 2nd/Klimchuk I could get behind. We will need to draft/trade for a decent top 4 potential RHD perhaps after such a trade, and Andersson would be reunited with his bro. Kreider is a good piece. I can understand if NYR doesn't want to move him for a package of prospects.

The only piece we really need right now is a 2LW. Quantity prospects and near NHL ready prospects to NYR is what we can offer. I don't think we need Hayes after acquiring Brouwer and Chiasson.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Rangers and Flames are good trading partners, and not just for Kreider. Stepan, Brassard to give them insane depth down the middle or to insulate Bennett, or Zuccarello, pretty similar to Hudler, go with JG and Monahan.

We are on the opposite side of the spectrum here. Flames are a good young up and coming team, primed for years of contention if they can take the next step. Plus they have a boat load of almost NHL ready prospects, which we obviously are desperate for.

Or at least we should be.

I'd have no interest in Stepan or Brassard. I'm pretty comfortable with the center depth right now. Monahan + Backlund + Bennett, plus Jankowski who could potentially earn a spot.

Zuccarello is interesting, although I'd really prefer someone with more size. Also don't think the Flames could make it work without cap going back to the Rangers. 15 mil in space, but Monahan and Gaudreau haven't been re-signed yet. Chances are that takes up most of that space.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Also, when the Flames eventually re-up Monahan/Gaudreau then we are up against the cap pretty much.

What is Kreider looking at for a new deal? $4 million +?

Flames need to either clear some cap in a Kreider trade or have another deal lined up where they clear some cap.

I imagine Kreiders agent is looking at that Palmieri's deal and trying to get that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad