Value of: Kreider to MTL

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
This might get under the skin of fellow Habs fans who hold a grudge, but I feel like Kreider might be available for the right price and he'd fit what the Habs need.

What would NYR want in return for Kreider?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
This might get under the skin of fellow Habs fans who hold a grudge, but I feel like Kreider might be available for the right price and he'd fit what the Habs need.

What would NYR want in return for Kreider?

Like anyone else, he is available for the right price, but that won't be cheap. Unless he wants too much [more as to term than $], he is worth more to us here than in trade. We will have Russian speaking Kravtsov joined in short order by likely fellow LW beast Kakko, most likely. We also want Panarin to feel it worthwhile to come and play here, and that likely means at least one of Kreider or Zib must be retained. And of the 2, Zib would fetch more and eliminate a pending NMC clause kicking in.

To answer your ?, I would not send Kreider to Oil for 8OA, e.g.; they don't want him w/o extension, but trying to indicate value. I would add to Kreider toget 4OA from Avs.

Not sure we are otherwise best match for currency you might surrender for guys you want that we might make available, but in a wk or so we may know extent of what NYR will have in 1st rounders other than 2OA.

We may add TB 1st by dealing back its 2nd, our NYR 2nd, + Namest at half [4.0 -> 2.0].

If we get a 1st from Dallas 2019 2nd being upgraded, then without touching Jets 2019 1st, we may be able to bundle TB + DAL.

I could see something like those later 2 + Skjei for 15OA.

But I don't see F help a match, unless you want to add to 15OA for Lias Andersson. And while Lias sucked ass most of the year, once, like LeoDrai before him, he got sent down for a couple of months and figured out skating at NHL level, and last weeks of the season his game was significantly better. So while there is certainly room for negotiation, NY's interest would lean to waiting and have Andersson start next season upping his value if traded or produce if kept -- unless there is enuf on the table now.

I would as courtesy listen to your CK offer, but it would have to excite us, which I don't expect.
But feel free to surprise me.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I don't think many Hab fans are going to be interested in Kreider, especially being a UFA. Don't we need to wait until after the draft to extend him or for the Habs to give him a new contract? That's not going to go over well.

If I'm Montreal, I don't offer up the 15th overall for a UFA Kreider, and this is coming from somebody who likes Kreider. I'm not sure what else would be available that we'd be interested in.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Thanks for your valuable input.

Even if we assume (and we shouldn't) that Kreider doesn't have Montreal on his NT list and there isn't any beef between him and Price, you still need to consider the following:

-Montreal's not going to trade for a player like Kreider as a rental.
-Kreider turns 28 this month. He'll be 29 as an UFA. I don't think he'll age terribly, but odds are he's not going to play at the level he's currently at.
-NYR is probably looking to emulate the Pacioretty and Stone deals. And Rangers fans on here will look at the Pacioretty deal and call Tatar more of an asset than the suedo cap dump he was. Is Montreal prepared to give up 1st and/or a top prospect for Kreider? I'm pretty skeptical.
-What are the chances Kreider gives Montreal the deal Pacioretty gave Vegas?
-The second the team starts struggling and/or Kreider starts struggling, the BS stories will start. Managing expectation is important in Montreal. Its why the current Drouin backlash was almost inevitable.

Montreal could use a player like Kreider, but they have more significant needs and there are other players out there.

As it is, the Habs and Rangers are probably going to play this off-season pretty similarly. Go after bigger UFAs, potentially trade a vet or two and offer to take bad short-term contracts for an asset or two.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Pacioretty going into his last year returned a good prospect, a 2nd and what was thought to be a pseudo-cap-dump at the time in Tatar. The trade was also made much after the draft.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Pacioretty going into his last year returned a good prospect, a 2nd and what was thought to be a pseudo-cap-dump at the time in Tatar. The trade was also made much after the draft.

Rangers would want to maximize the return on Kreider if they trade him. If that means waiting until after July 1, so be it.

And even as a pure rental Kreider probably returns a late 1st plus something else.

Plus, Montreal shouldn't and likely wont be trading for a rental (deadline or full-season) anyways.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
dont see the fit here. habs have a lot of wingers as is and rangers will (rightfully) command a lot for CK, and i dont see habs paying that price

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Why trade for a player / position that is not a need?? We have to make room for Suzuki and Poehling. We may have to trade a winger for LHD help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad