Speculation: Kreider to Edmonton

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
kris kreider
upload_2017-10-31_9-8-41.png

The Nuge
upload_2017-10-31_9-9-27.png

Nuge is also almost 2 years younger and a Center and getting better

actually Oilers should just hold off and use their 2018/19 draft picks to get a good young winger

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Kreider is 26 yrs old and just scored 28 goals. He is also 6'3 and can skate and go hard to the net.

RNH scored 18 goals and laid a goose egg in the Oilers playoff run. He has never been the same since major injury and plays a very soft preimeter game. He has been consistenyly a minus player every year.Not to mention makes waay too much money against the cap.

Its pretty obvious RNH has very little value around the league. Its the only reason he is still in Edmonton and survived the house cleaning.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Kreider is 26 yrs old and just scored 28 goals. He is also 6'3 and can skate and go hard to the net.

RNH scored 18 goals and laid a goose egg in the Oilers playoff run. He has never been the same since major injury and plays a very soft preimeter game. He has been consistenyly a minus player every year.Not to mention makes waay too much money against the cap.

Its pretty obvious RNH has very little value around the league. Its the only reason he is still in Edmonton and survived the house cleaning.
Do you even watch hockey? Soft perimeter game? Wrong. Minus player? Who cares, what's his shoe size? Patrice Bergeron would be a minus player on the Oilers up until last year. His cap hit is in line with what other similar players make. The reason he is still in Edmonton is that the coaches love the guy. He plays a smart game in every area of the ice.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017

RNH actually has an IQ level. Thats why the coaches love him. Im not sure how long Kreider would last before he would be in McLellans Doghouse. A 1 dimensional soft fast winger. We Oiler fans are pretty familiar with those .......

Kreiders got a couple of 20 goal seasons ... good for him . Does he want a cookie ?

Reactions: Dan Kelly

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I didnt realize Oiler fans were still this optimistic about RNH.

I mean what can go wrong having an undersized, injury affected, perimeter player playing 3C in the Western Conference.

I hope RNH stays as an Oiler for life.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Since I hate both fanbases

Kreider, Zibanejad, Buchnevich for Drasaitl, Strome, Yamamoto

Now kill each other

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I didnt realize Oiler fans were still this optimistic about RNH.

I mean what can go wrong having an undersized, injury affected, perimeter player playing 3C in the Western Conference.

I hope RNH stays as an Oiler for life.

You're a pretty blatant Oiler hater, hey?

Obviously the above poster hasn't a clue when it comes to RNH. As stated several times the Oilers aren't going to trade Nuge for Kreider. Ranger fans think they can get a king's ransom for Kreider and the Oiler are on record saying they don't want to part with RNH if they don't have to.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Heard you guys are looking for Wingers?

we got just what you are looking for

Thomas Vanek and or Loui Ericksson

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
RNH is worth more then another soft , low IQ , fly down the wing innective, soft winger. Kreider is like Benoit Pouliot 2.0 slightly improved goal scoring. Do the Oilers want to part with RNH to get a slightly upgraded Pouliot.........ahh no thanks.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
RNH is worth more then another soft , low IQ , fly down the wing innective, soft winger. Kreider is like Benoit Pouliot 2.0 slightly improved goal scoring. Do the Oilers want to part with RNH to get a slightly upgraded Pouliot.........ahh no thanks.
Good to hear you have no idea what you are talking about lol

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I read this am [either Brooks NYPost or blue shirt blogs, I think one of them] that Kreider and Miller are off the market.

Conclusions:
Rangers correctly want massive overpay, not fair value or nominal profit, to move CK. [Re: criticism from shoe on the other foot people - I am on record as saying if we want a guy like MacKinnon, we have to expect to massively overpay for value, and should consider doing so IF IF IF IF the currency tendered is not counterproductive [ie McDonagh + Zuc + and not Miller or Skjei, etc.]
This would mean LeoDrai, who IMO is ballpark fair, as a core, plus an add. We understand if EDM does not want to overpay in quality assets just to create a dominant line with McDavid that would be unstoppable, esp with correct RW.
{We can quibble over the pros and cons of each player. Bottom line is if you remove McDavid from the equation and provide equal linemates, similar success can be expected. Also, the market is not infallible and never wrong, but it is usually right. LD has more term on a new extension, and CK is still about half that on a shorter deal. Those numbers do not lie.}

I took pains to say the above previously, and some rejected it.
We will agree to disagree.

Kreider to anywhere, including EDM, should still, as a matter of free speech, be respectfully entertained.

On the basis of an established media source, however, since most if not all current opinion on this subject has been expressed, we are approaching the time to close this thread.

Oilers need and apparently want help, particularly at W, and NY can entertain offers on several players at reasonable rates. Someone start a new thread, NYR - EDM [no Kreider].
I expect that will be productive.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
I read this am [either Brooks NYPost or blue shirt blogs, I think one of them] that Kreider and Miller are off the market.

Conclusions:
Rangers correctly want massive overpay, not fair value or nominal profit, to move CK. [Re: criticism from shoe on the other foot people - I am on record as saying if we want a guy like MacKinnon, we have to expect to massively overpay for value, and should consider doing so IF IF IF IF the currency tendered is not counterproductive [ie McDonagh + Zuc + and not Miller or Skjei, etc.]
This would mean LeoDrai, who IMO is ballpark fair, as a core, plus an add. We understand if EDM does not want to overpay in quality assets just to create a dominant line with McDavid that would be unstoppable, esp with correct RW.
{We can quibble over the pros and cons of each player. Bottom line is if you remove McDavid from the equation and provide equal linemates, similar success can be expected. Also, the market is not infallible and never wrong, but it is usually right. LD has more term on a new extension, and CK is still about half that on a shorter deal. Those numbers do not lie.}

I took pains to say the above previously, and some rejected it.
We will agree to disagree.

Kreider to anywhere, including EDM, should still, as a matter of free speech, be respectfully entertained.

On the basis of an established media source, however, since most if not all current opinion on this subject has been expressed, we are approaching the time to close this thread.

Oilers need and apparently want help, particularly at W, and NY can entertain offers on several players at reasonable rates. Someone start a new thread, NYR - EDM [no Kreider].
I expect that will be productive.

Again, a better Kreider is available much much cheaper in Evander Kane. No reason to entertain Kreider

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad