Proposal: Kravtsov to CGY

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Ninth overall in 2018, plays RW (shoots left)

Has been given permission for his agent to find him a new home.

Could be some young-blood on the right side in the bottom nine with upside.

Give the rangers a conditional pick(s) (second rnd 2022?) and get Trevor Lewis some popcorn?

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Or offer him Kylington to fill in the organizational gap left by Deangelo's antics (Right side offensive D)

Last edited:

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
If the price is right. He's played all of 20 NHL games. 39 AHL games. The rest in the KHL.

Maybe he deserves another chance, but not if we have to give up too much.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Or offer him Kylington to fill in the organizational gap left by Deangelo's antics (Right side offensive D)
Yikes, no way. I'm not sold on Kylington having put it all together just yet, but subtracting from our already-paper thin D to add yet another left-shot forward (this one with a questionable attitude) is exactly the wrong thing to do.

I'd offer up a draft pick myself, but probably not much more than that.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Ninth overall in 2018, plays RW (shoots left)

Has been given permission for his agent to find him a new home.

Could be some young-blood on the right side in the bottom nine with upside.

Give the rangers a conditional pick(s) (second rnd 2022?) and get Trevor Lewis some popcorn?

I could see giving up a second or somebody not named Zary or Pelletier on the farm but to this point Kravtsov has less potential than Dube or Mangiapane. 15 points in 39 games in the AHL and 24 pts in 49 games in the KHL isn't that promising. To me he is on the level of Glenn Gawdin.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Also Kravtsov feels entitled to have an NHL role, which is at least a bit worrying

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
If the price is right. He's played all of 20 NHL games. 39 AHL games. The rest in the KHL.

Maybe he deserves another chance, but not if we have to give up too much.

That argument has more to do with questionable Rangers management than it does his actual value tho. He has the skill to be on an NHL roster for sure right now, he just isn't getting the chance. Obviously we shouldn't be giving up a big package for him but he'd be a great fit at the perfect age and a low cap hit. It's definitely intrguiging

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
I could see giving up a second or somebody not named Zary or Pelletier on the farm but to this point Kravtsov has less potential than Dube or Mangiapane. 15 points in 39 games in the AHL and 24 pts in 49 games in the KHL isn't that promising. To me he is on the level of Glenn Gawdin.

Mang is an absolute beast though and is gonna be a 1st line player for us. I don't expect many prospects to be on that level. I would put Kravtsov on par with Dube if not slightly ahead though. I wouldn't look too much into his AHL production because he jumped into the AHL pretty early (age 19) and his KHL numbers are pretty solid for a guy of his age. He's also a bigger guy who has to develop into his frame. Dube probably projects as the better all around player but Kravtsov has clear top-6 offensive scoring W potential and probably more offensive potential than Dube with more size and strength. Both quite valuable imo

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Mang is an absolute beast though and is gonna be a 1st line player for us. I don't expect many prospects to be on that level. I would put Kravtsov on par with Dube if not slightly ahead though. I wouldn't look too much into his AHL production because he jumped into the AHL pretty early (age 19) and his KHL numbers are pretty solid for a guy of his age. He's also a bigger guy who has to develop into his frame. Dube probably projects as the better all around player but Kravtsov has clear top-6 offensive scoring W potential and probably more offensive potential than Dube with more size and strength. Both quite valuable imo
I will agree to disagree. Typically the Russians that want immediate rewards end up being busts and there aren't underlying numbers to state he's going to be extraordinary. Without Gio here there is no need for complicated ego's that will be need to be managed.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Isn't Kravtsov projected to be a player kinda like what Mangiapane is to us but more offense than defense? (Grind and hounding type player)

Honestly I haven't followed him much.

Last edited:

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Flames don't seem like a good fit. Somewhere like Buffalo or Arizona where he can make mistakes while being given freedom to be offensive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad