Confirmed with Link: Kravtsov requests trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
He didn't make the team, this was not the expectation of the staff.

Roster decisions are made on a game to game basis

Tomorrow they loaded up on beef, Dallas doesn't offer the same level of animus which would allow for an adjustment to the roster.

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
Just incredibly awful asset management. But let’s not panic yet as some said!

another top 10 pick down the drain.
I curse this franchise, there’s a reason why we’ve won one cup since world war 2. Just an absolute joke. I said that you had to be very careful with what you did with this kid. Regardless, now we have no leverage of getting an equal return. Just complete idiocy. But no big deal.
Krav is that you? If so stop being a f***ing child.

Reactions: Blueblood2

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Just incredibly awful asset management. But let’s not panic yet as some said!

another top 10 pick down the drain.
I curse this franchise, there’s a reason why we’ve won one cup since world war 2. Just an absolute joke. I said that you had to be very careful with what you did with this kid. Regardless, now we have no leverage of getting an equal return. Just complete idiocy. But no big deal.

So we're supposed to put him on the team even if he hasn't played well enough to warrant it because of the fear he'll want out?

Hang onto him if we can't get a 1st (we won't) and call him up soon.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Not sure what the issues are.

Not sure if he feels entitled to a spot, or if the team insinuated he had a spot to lose, as I do recall Gallant kind of doing that.

With what is expected to go on tomorrow night, I'd expect that he would dress at home for Dallas.

If the move to keep Hajek was the tipping point, then shame on both player and Org as its a paper move, but Hajek isn't or hasn't shown to be worth the effort.

Kravtsov's agent has to do a better job explaining why certain decisions are made as its not a reflection on the player, just the situation.

Drury better not f*** this up.

There are teams out there that could use a winger like Vitali.
I disagree with this notion that we're dressing a goon lineup for #TomWilson

At this point, we're dressing our our 12 best forwards for the Caps.

We would have been willing to play Blais on the 4th line but not Kravtsov. Blais outplayed him significantly and earned a look in the top 9. It's that simple imo.

Kravtsov would have gotten plenty of time if he were patient. He can't act like this.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I find Kravstov mostly unimpressive, but neither Friedman or Seravalli said he requested a trade. Someone should change the thread title.
Umm . title says Friedman is reporting this ?
Doesn’t matter . Trade him - hope for a decent return for someone who won’t complain if sent down .
Or keep him and explain how things work.
In the big picture , just wait for the next superstar that will only sign with the Rangers .No big whoop.

Reactions: hn777

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Wasn't it reported he was potentially going to play 1st line, especially if Kreider didn't work out?
Did they not explain to him he was sent down because he was waiver exempt? Or did they tell him he's staying down until he improves? Really doesn't make sense to me.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Disappointed all around. But if he's the one who is asking for the trade then fine, let him go.

I just don't understand this move, because I thought we literally moved away from Buch in order to make room for Kakko AND Kravtsov in the top-6. Yes, the money would've been tight but still...

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Off the top of my head:

Montreal has extra picks and could use more offense...

Kostin was sent down to the AHL by St Louis, I wonder if there is a swap there to be made.

Buffalo has a need for more talent and they have a couple of extra pieces.

Ottawa could definitely use another highly talented forward.

Edmonton should be ALL OVER THIS

Minnesota should also be ALL OVER THIS

Detroit was rumored to be very high on Kravtsov. I wonder if there is a deal there to be made

Reactions: egelband

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I disagree with this notion that we're dressing a goon lineup for #TomWilson

At this point, we're dressing our our 12 best forwards for the Caps.

We would have been willing to play Blais on the 4th line but not Kravtsov. Blais outplayed him significantly and earned a look in the top 9. It's that simple imo.

Kravtsov would have gotten plenty of time if he were patient. He can't act like this.

I think Kravtsov was better than Hunt

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
yikes.

that isn't a great attitude IMHO. Gotta work to show you are ready for the show.

I wonder if you guys can parlay him into Eichel? been rumors around him and yall for a while now. Buffalo is desperate at this point
We would have to add a lot (as we always would have for a piece like Eichel) but I think he still has value.

Somebody will think they can get him to cooperate and maybe they can.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Is management supposed to be bullied because a player can't accept that he didn't make the team?

I just don't understand why the request needs to be accepted. Certainly doesn't seem like NYR want to bury the player, he will be called up rather quickly.

Not now, he won't.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
So we're supposed to put him on the team even if he hasn't played well enough to warrant it because of the fear he'll want out?

Hang onto him if we can't get a 1st (we won't) and call him up soon.
Sorry but there was nothing to suggest that you couldn’t get a first rounder or him being part of a package. The value is now very much so tanked. And as I said to you yesterday, the fact was that he felt slighted whether you agreed or not, and the organization should have taken that into account before turning face and saying no big deal. Sorry but this is a disaster as much as you don’t care.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Roster decisions are made on a game to game basis

Tomorrow they loaded up on beef, Dallas doesn't offer the same level of animus which would allow for an adjustment to the roster.
I understand that, of course. But he didn't make the roster! Vince thinks it was just paperwork or whatever, but he does not know that, it was his feeling. Kravtsov was sent to the A, full stop. It was a play based decision to not make the team (not just opening night roster, the TEAM), wasn't based on waiver shit or whatever.

If the kid played well enough to warrant a call up, then he would have been called up. But we may never know. The next call up will be Barron or McKegg. Actually, I think regardless those two would have been the next two call ups OVER VK anyway. He had a ways to go it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad