Confirmed with Link: Kravtsov Loaned to Traktor Chelyabinsk

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I wonder if at some point if the KHL playoffs will be cancelled. Many Euro players have left league league as well as two teams. There were 28 North American players in the KHL at the beginning of the playoffs and I imagine several have left or are leaving soon.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I wonder if at some point if the KHL playoffs will be cancelled. Many Euro players have left league league as well as two teams. There were 28 North American players in the KHL at the beginning of the playoffs and I imagine several have left or are leaving soon.

Only Jokerit was in the play offs, Dinamo Riga wasn't so that doesn't affect it that much. As of now, they are still playing so we will see. I doubt they cancel the play offs for this stuff.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Is he really going to play for the Rangers again?

At the time he defected for the 2nd time, I thought there was no chance. Now, I don't know. If anything he can play and be traded in the offseason before he becomes an issue again?

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
You said it in your statement...immature kid, the GM is a full grown man, its time to fix it.

The interesting part of this line if thinking is that presumably the agent and family advising the immature kid are full grown men, but seem to hold no responsibility; and that the full grown GM man should tell a bunch of other full grown men to suck it up, as the team is changing pretty industry standard practice to accommodate 1 immature kid...

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
The interesting part of this line if thinking is that presumably the agent and family advising the immature kid are full grown men, but seem to hold no responsibility; and that the full grown GM man should tell a bunch of other full grown men to suck it up, as the team is changing pretty industry standard practice to accommodate 1 immature kid...

Non of it matters, they all have to put their big boy pants on, forget about the past and fix it for the good of the team and the player.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
There is blame on both sides. He should be in the NHL right now. He made the team in camp. I think everyone saw he was ready.

The issue was that he was told he was an NHLer at 19, and he was not. So he pouted and went back to Russia.

Similar to Andersson being told he was an NHLer at the draft and he was not. Those things are staff issues, not the player.

It's most likely the biggest reason Gorton and company got canned. Drury was the AHL GM. He saw Kravtsov and Andersson in the AHL, knew they were not ready, told them that, and they took their shit and went home. Dolan seeing top picks going to waste year over year.

If there is a way to get him back after the playoffs, baring a trade, it should be done. They need all the depth possible

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
There is blame on both sides. He should be in the NHL right now. He made the team in camp. I think everyone saw he was ready.

The issue was that he was told he was an NHLer at 19, and he was not. So he pouted and went back to Russia.

Similar to Andersson being told he was an NHLer at the draft and he was not. Those things are staff issues, not the player.

It's most likely the biggest reason Gorton and company got canned. Drury was the AHL GM. He saw Kravtsov and Andersson in the AHL, knew they were not ready, told them that, and they took their shit and went home. Dolan seeing top picks going to waste year over year.

If there is a way to get him back after the playoffs, baring a trade, it should be done. They need all the depth possible
He actually looked like he'd regressed to me in preseason. He looked better in his 20 games last year IMO.

Reactions: duhmetreE

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
That's fine, but he's not regressed beyond being less effective than Gauthier and the other plugs we got out there at times. Dying for RWs and he'd be in there every night.
I agree. If he took the AHL assignment he would have been called up a few weeks into the season. Its what makes this whole saga so stupid.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I agree. If he took the AHL assignment he would have been called up a few weeks into the season. Its what makes this whole saga so stupid.

Kravtsov's behaviour basically masked Drury's mistakes that led to the situation in the first place. It's crazy how people treat this as an either/or situation.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I am just speculating, obviously. Part of me thinks Drury had to have known there was going to be a problem. A big part of the reason why I understood moving Buchnevich was because Kravtsov and Kakko were ready to play on the top 2 lines on RW. Just wish he would have traded him either at the draft or in the off-season. I know there is a chance he did and couldn't get what he deemed fair value.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
So, let me get this straight..

A 22 year old who, in his first NHL season, tries to dictate his own terms when being sent down to the AHL and then bolts to Russia. All because he thinks that he's so good for the NHL that the rules don't apply to him. What do you guys expect to happen when a GM is put in that position? He loses all credibility if he lets himself be walked on by a guy whose stats are 4 points in 20 games and a -6.

NO. Both sides are NOT to blame here.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

A 22 year old who, in his first NHL season, tries to dictate his own terms when being sent down to the AHL and then bolts to Russia. All because he thinks that he's so good for the NHL that the rules don't apply to him. What do you guys expect to happen when a GM is put in that position? He loses all credibility if he lets himself be walked on by a guy whose stats are 4 points in 20 games and a -6.

Well, I mean we don't actually know the real and full story, but if you want to think he barged into the coach's room or something and tried to dictate where and what line he should be playing then more power to you.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg

We don't know what exactly happened there.
As for the production - a tad rich when we have Goody, Hunt, Goat and even Reavo playing top 6 minutes. Also he seems to have a definite knack (at least on KHL level) to perform in the business end of the season...
I'm for one geniunely interested what the thought process behind the decision was but that's just me wondering. You seem to be awfully certain.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008

I don’t understand why so many think there’s a possible chance he comes back..,,
He’s done here.
kravy thought he was going to be traded after last seasons exit interview..( from his own mouth).
NYR trades Buch.( at that point in time, krav thought a spot was his in the top 9).
Drury/Gallant tell him he’s going to Hartford for conditioning after preseason...( where he missed some time).
At that point, krav, ( already having left once prior, and with a chip on his shoulder mind you), krav and drury have a heated meeting and krav chooses to Bolt to Russia again instead of reporting to Hartford for assignment.

Whether he deserved a spot or not to start the season,( which is debatable when everyone was healthy). Krav/co is the one who chose to refused the order from his boss at the franchise he WORKS for..

im frankly surprised how many say Drury should have coddled him, handled him with kid gloves etc.
yes he’s talented, yes we’ve invested a lot in him, but this is the real world. You cannot just throw a fit when you don’t like the way a situation goes and leave.... the moment he left for the 2nd time.... it was curtains for krav ever playing for the rangers again

Last edited:

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Past is the past, its time for both sides to stop being children and find the best resolution to this for both player and organization, which is, him playing in a Ranger jersey. Btw, the way this whole Barron thing is playing out doesn't make me comfortable either. Playing your 8th dman over him is mind boggling

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad