Confirmed with Link: Kravtsov Loaned to Traktor Chelyabinsk

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Past is the past, its time for both sides to stop being children and find the best resolution to this for both player and organization, which is, him playing in a Ranger jersey. Btw, the way this whole Barron thing is playing out doesn't make me comfortable either. Playing your 8th dman over him is mind boggling
There is only one side acting like a child...

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I continue to wish Vitali well in the KHL playoffs. It can only increase his value before we trade him and he becomes someone else's problem. Im sure Marty will love him in MTL

Reactions: bhamill

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Kravstov never playing another game here. Reality is he’s getting traded either in two weeks or in the summer. Could be for a rental, could be for a longer term piece.

Both sides are to blame, Kravstov for being a rich brat and Drury for allowing things to get to this point. This situation and all the takes on it have been beaten to death

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Kravstov never playing another game here. Reality is he’s getting traded either in two weeks or in the summer. Could be for a rental, could be for a longer term piece.

Both sides are to blame, Kravstov for being a rich brat and Drury for allowing things to get to this point. This situation and all the takes on it have been beaten to death
Drury has a team lacking a couple forwards, one could say Blais and Kakko are those missing pieces, yet he’s got the right coach and a team humming along at 36-15-5, and building a winning culture. Kravtsov’s lack of work ethic and entitlement completely go against everything this organization under Drury and Gallant is all about.

Reactions: Daves a mess

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Past is the past, its time for both sides to stop being children and find the best resolution to this for both player and organization, which is, him playing in a Ranger jersey. Btw, the way this whole Barron thing is playing out doesn't make me comfortable either. Playing your 8th dman over him is mind boggling

don’t get me started.... especially considering how much time he was given at center in the small NHL appearances opposed to the last 2 years in the A... but that’s a whole other story

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado

I think Drury moves him at the draft.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Drury has a team lacking a couple forwards, one could say Blais and Kakko are those missing pieces, yet he’s got the right coach and a team humming along at 36-15-5, and building a winning culture. Kravtsov’s lack of work ethic and entitlement completely go against everything this organization under Drury and Gallant is all about.
Yeah that’s great, he still allowed things to reach a boiling point with Kravstov. He knew the relationship was rocky and he rolled the dice going into the season with Kravstov still here. And it’s bitten him in the ass thus far

Both sides are to blame

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
needs to be said a proper beer league game so far... the other guys (ie not Krav's boys) could do with the Marlies Zamboni driver instead of their goalie.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Traktor completes the sweep
Kravtsov hugging and laughing with one of the opposing teams coaches, even stuck around talking to him as the handshake line went on. Then doing the same with players from opposing team. Seems to get along with everybody very well, it’s almost like there’s a certain common denominator who notoriously treats young players like shit and doesn’t get along with any of them well.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Yeah that’s great, he still allowed things to reach a boiling point with Kravstov. He knew the relationship was rocky and he rolled the dice going into the season with Kravstov still here. And it’s bitten him in the ass thus far

Both sides are to blame
Yea, if you're a player with this type of character and a bad work ethic and you're not 100% committed between the ears, chances are he won't be anything anyways in this league. Kravtsov looks like the dunce. Drury has $32M in cap space. The other guy can stay in Russia until he's 27.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Yea, if you're a player with this type of character and a bad work ethic and you're not 100% committed between the ears, chances are he won't be anything anyways in this league. Kravtsov looks like the dunce. Drury has $32M in cap space. The other guy can stay in Russia until he's 27.
I don’t know how Drury having cap space is relevant to the conversation but okay lol

Reactions: EdJovanovski

fm

Jul 28, 2016
When Drury has $.50 in cap space next year, can he wear the duncecap?

Gluten Free Breadman

Mar 9, 2011
ny
Kravtsov hugging and laughing with one of the opposing teams coaches, even stuck around talking to him as the handshake line went on. Then doing the same with players from opposing team. Seems to get along with everybody very well, it’s almost like there’s a certain common denominator who notoriously treats young players like shit and doesn’t get along with any of them well.
How did Kravy play in the last game?

free0717

Apr 14, 2004
Old Bridge, NJ
So, let me get this straight..

A 22 year old who, in his first NHL season, tries to dictate his own terms when being sent down to the AHL and then bolts to Russia. All because he thinks that he's so good for the NHL that the rules don't apply to him. What do you guys expect to happen when a GM is put in that position? He loses all credibility if he lets himself be walked on by a guy whose stats are 4 points in 20 games and a -6.

NO. Both sides are NOT to blame here.
Going forward, before we spend a draft pick on any player, we have to know are they willing to go to the minor leagues and pay their dues until Management and Coaches believe they are ready. This should be made perfectly clear to all potential picks prior to the draft. If the pick is not willing to pay his dues in the Minors, then we should take a big pass.

Reactions: ReddestRum

free0717

Apr 14, 2004
Old Bridge, NJ
I don’t understand why so many think there’s a possible chance he comes back..,,
He’s done here.
kravy thought he was going to be traded after last seasons exit interview..( from his own mouth).
NYR trades Buch.( at that point in time, krav thought a spot was his in the top 9).
Drury/Gallant tell him he’s going to Hartford for conditioning after preseason...( where he missed some time).
At that point, krav, ( already having left once prior, and with a chip on his shoulder mind you), krav and drury have a heated meeting and krav chooses to Bolt to Russia again instead of reporting to Hartford for assignment.

Whether he deserved a spot or not to start the season,( which is debatable when everyone was healthy). Krav/co is the one who chose to refused the order from his boss at the franchise he WORKS for..

im frankly surprised how many say Drury should have coddled him, handled him with kid gloves etc.
yes he’s talented, yes we’ve invested a lot in him, but this is the real world. You cannot just throw a fit when you don’t like the way a situation goes and leave.... the moment he left for the 2nd time.... it was curtains for krav ever playing for the rangers again
Actually, the Organization was very good to him and Lias Anderson. I would have made an example of Lias and made him sit out without hockey until his contract was up. Got to show the picks when you have a contract, you have to live by the terms. Then Kravstov does the same thing. And we let him play in Russia. Maybe its to keep values up but we might be counterproductive. Everyone would see the player cant play hockey unless he plays in the minors.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Both sides are to blame here.
Sure but that’s a false equivalency. The lion’s share of blame goes to the player who decided to bolt. Management was “mean” to him? Wah. Welcome to the real world, sometimes your boss is a dick. Sure they could have handled it better but their miscues are tiny in comparison to a player bolting on his contract. Management has sucked it up and leant him to Traktor. They didn’t have to but it was the best option they had given Krav’s running back to Russia. Hopefully they try to still develop him as a NYR, but who knows what Krav is going to do? Are we pretending we know he’s grown up at all the last few months? I’m hopeful, but it’s frankly a crapshoot.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't think there's any use in rehashing the "who is to blame?" argument here as no one is changing their mind at this point.

My gut tells me the Rangers are looking to move him first and foremost, but would certainly give him a shot if they don't find a deal to their liking. If he does come back, I don't see them treating him with kid gloves, though. He may be in and out of the lineup depending on how he plays and if he has a problem with that, it's going to be on him.

If he does come back he's going to need to be humble and keep his head down while he demonstrates what he can do and earns a solid spot.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne

Fox
Miller
Schnieder
Jones
Barron
Laf
Chytil
Kakko
Shesty
you can just see it in their eyes how much they hate playing in an organization with Drury at the helm
f*** me but you're insufferable at times...

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Unless the Rangers make a deal Laf and Kakko take the two top 6 RW spots. I definitely don’t think Kravtsov is as good as either so the question is where would he fit on our playoff roster and if I’m not mistaken there’s a deadline for him to return to the team and be eligible for the playoffs.

I don’t see Kravtsov returning to the team this year nor do I see him sitting down with Drury this summer to work out a new contract. Vitali has almost nothing to negotiate with. Drury is not giving him a raise for what he did in the KHL.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

NYR425

Sep 30, 2005

Your so gaga for Kravtsov that it clouds your judgement. He has done absolutely NOTHING when here in North America in either league, NHL or AHL

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Your so gaga for Kravtsov that it clouds your judgement. He has done absolutely NOTHING when here in North America in either league, NHL or AHL

Hoooo boy could you be more wrong! Did you not see last season in his 20 games he was voted in as one of the 3 stars in the ever important HFNYR poll like 30 something times!?!?

Granted that same poll we list out Peg leg one leg arm leg Greg McKegg but that’s neither here nor there.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Shouldn't have a direct impact on Kravtsov, just further signs of deterioration.

I would imagine after all of this, that the KHL will be in terrible financial shape and guys will be less likely to choose it as their overseas destination (I mean, the war Russia started already turned off 95% of the world, but this won't help). Should be a boon to the European leagues.

Reactions: Siddi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad