Post-Game Talk: Kraken

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Just bring in the 3 rookie Swedes on D next season. Chia can be the 7.

All mobile and good puck movers.

Stick Willy Wally with Maatta because he's the only one without NA experience

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I know. I mean Larkin will ensure 8 more years of 10th place finishes.
Sounds like he's making a difference to me...

If he's the key to move us from 32 to 22 we need a couple more to move us from 22 to the top.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I was coaching soccer practice and didn't see the game. Has Husso started to fall off a bit or was there nothing he could do about most of those goals?

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Sounds like he's making a difference to me...

If he's the key to move us from 32 to 22 we need a couple more to move us from 22 to the top.
I agree. This team has lots of depth now, just missing that top end. Larkin and Seider need some help. But with more development from Raymond plus Edvinsson and Kasper on the way things are looking up. Tons of cap space means Yzerman can make a strong bid whenever a big name becomes available.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Define futility. I'll happily bet the Wings get to the Conference Finals in the next 8 years.
Will be seven years since they last even made the playoffs, and 14 years since making the conference finals.

Futility is finishing 7-12 every year, missing out on top prospects, but not good enough to make the dance. Basically the worst spot to be in.

Reactions: GMR and taliababa

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Will be seven years since they last even made the playoffs, and 14 years since making the conference finals.
'Claypool Realizes We Are In A Rebuild', an excellent childrens book that explains some of the basics of professional sports to your 5 year old.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Futility is finishing 7-12 every year, missing out on top prospects, but not good enough to make the dance. Basically the worst spot to be in.

I have no problem in drafting from 7-12 spots in last years.

2022 - Kasper seems to be one of the best picks at 6-12.
2021 - Edvinsson seems to be one of the best picks at 6-12.
2020 - would have been happy with any of Perfetti, Askarov, Lundell at 10-11-12.
2019 - Seider at #6, Cozens at #7, Zegras at #9, Boldy at #12. Would have been happy of any, but we have the best D from the draft.
2018 - It was a close call between #6 Zadina and #7 Bouchard. Dobson #12 was there. Would have preferred those D. The good players are there, just pick the right ones, like Red Wings are doing now on the Yzerman-era.
2017 - Martin Necas and Nick Suzuki were there at #12-#13. Won't mind we took Rasmussen at #9. He has developed slowly, like big guys take time, but finally he is looking that different element others won't have.
2016 - Clayton Keller #7, Sergachev #9, McAvoy #14.
2015 - 7-8-9-10, Provorov, Meier, Werenski, Rantanen. Make your pick.

There are a lot of great options on that range, which will boom and bust just as much as Top3 picks.

Just pick the right players.

DTR

Dec 13, 2021
2vnuqgzc0gla1.png

Chiarot has quite literally tanked every single partner he’s had this season. It’ll be gross incompetence by the organization if Chiarot is still a Wing next season.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
2vnuqgzc0gla1.png

Chiarot has quite literally tanked every single partner he’s had this season. It’ll be gross incompetence by the organization if Chiarot is still a Wing next season.
It's not just how Chiarot "always" tanks someone. He has almost always the hardest usage and stats will reflect just that usage.

Without Chiarot somebody else would be collecting those worse stats.

Quite sure Hägg and Lindström aren't our best defencemen, as that table would point out.

It comes from opposite effect, easiest usage.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I sure am glad we didn't have defensively irresponsible Vrana in the lineup. Probably would have seen them score 4 es goals against us or something crazy like that.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
It's not just how Chiarot "always" tanks someone. He has almost always the hardest usage and stats will reflect just that usage.

Without Chiarot somebody else would be collecting those worse stats.

Quite sure Hägg and Lindström aren't our best defencemen, as that table would point out.

It comes from opposite effect, easiest usage.
I'm not as down on Chiarot as a lot of people here but he clearly brings his partners down.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
That was actually a fun fast game. Definitely not great from Chiarot but it was fun to see some fast back and forth hockey from the team. That third lines got something good going on. Also Seider was a G

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00