GDT: Kraken vs Wild, 10 Dec

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I'm also tired of the Sprong argument but we could have had him for cheap. The finishing ability is gone from the roster.

No one's keeping Bjorkstrand?

He'd get a haul but I think it would hurt next year's team a lot.

FWIW I can report as a Jackets fan that many of us Jackets fans would sell their souls to get him back.
Slipped my mind. Yes. Keep Bjorkstrand as well.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I'd be reluctant to add Bjorkstrand to my list. He and Larsson are the big two expendables that would allow us to acquire a major haul, starting with first round draft picks, in a trade. Hang on to them too long and the value goes down.

Kartye is one of the kids as far as I'm concerned, so he would have been part of my original list.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I'd be reluctant to add Bjorkstrand to my list. He and Larsson are the big two expendables that would allow us to acquire a major haul, starting with first round draft picks, in a trade. Hang on to them too long and the value goes down.

Kartye is one of the kids as far as I'm concerned, so he would have been part of my original list.
The thing is that those two are both quality players that we need more of than less. I agree that they would both get hauls but unless there is a pre-planned trade(s) for us to get upgrades on them through the assets returned, what is the point? Any 1st round picks acquired are not going to pay dividends for seasons unless we are using them to improve the roster right away.

I doubt Francis sees us as a "rebuilding" team in year 3. Selling our best players slows the process of becoming competitive even longer. He will have to find a balance between who to trade and who to keep while making sure we don't tank next season completely.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
The thing is that those two are both quality players that we need more of than less. I agree that they would both get hauls but unless there is a pre-planned trade(s) for us to get upgrades on them through the assets returned, what is the point? Any 1st round picks acquired are not going to pay dividends for seasons unless we are using them to improve the roster right away.

I doubt Francis sees us as a "rebuilding" team in year 3. Selling our best players slows the process of becoming competitive even longer. He will have to find a balance between who to trade and who to keep while making sure we don't tank next season completely.
Those are good points, for sure. I agree with them to a large extent. But you have to give something to get something, and I don't think our expendable vets will fetch much at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00