GDT: Kraken vs Wild, 10 Dec

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
A bit earlier than my recent efforts but I'm at work and bored. Will update with the usual inserts from the team Twitter and Moneypuck as they are updated.

Schultz listed as day to day (UBI) after getting hit in the face by the puck from an Anthony Cirelli shot last night.

Grubauer listed as day to day (LBI) visibly hurt after sliding across the crease to stop a Cirelli shot.

Burakovsky was placed back on Injured Reserve yesterday as well.

IMG_0109.jpeg

Wild experienced a "coaching change" bounce after firing Dean Evason, going on a brief winning streak, but have lost their last 2 (atEDM on Friday and atVAN on Thursday). Kraken took a point off the Lightning last night in the OT loss, but still face down their lengthy winless streak.

Last edited:

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Looks like Driedger played last night for CV at Abbotsford, stopping 22 of 24. Between that and the trip, I would be surprised if D’Accord isn’t the starter tonight?

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Daccord is giving us a chance to even the score. But, man, we are having so much trouble scoring goals.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
We buzzed around dangerously in their zone the last two minutes of the period, but we can't buy a goal right now.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Daccord is certainly doing his part. The Wild could have easily scored a goal that power play. Let's get him some support.

Reactions: Hocktopus

Hocktopus

Jul 1, 2023
BC
Yes, sadly it is getting harder and harder to watch / listen to this team. Almost time to put it into cruise control and sell, sell sell!

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Awful giveaway and there is the two goal lead with seven minutes left.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Yes, sadly it is getting harder and harder to watch / listen to this team. Almost time to put it into cruise control and sell, sell sell!
Kraken play right now is making this decision easy. Keep Dunn, McCann, Beniers, Evans, and the promising kids and put a price tag on everyone else.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Kraken play right now is making this decision easy. Keep Dunn, McCann, Beniers, Evans, and the promising kids and put a price tag on everyone else.
Yep. I think this season should be a sell season but use majority of the return there to get some quality assets. Trade, FA or whatever.

Outside of the players you mentioned I would like to keep Larsson, Tolvanen and Kartye as well.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm also tired of the Sprong argument but we could have had him for cheap. The finishing ability is gone from the roster.

Yep. I think this season should be a sell season but use majority of the return there to get some quality assets. Trade, FA or whatever.

Outside of the players you mentioned I would like to keep Larsson, Tolvanen and Kartye as well.

No one's keeping Bjorkstrand?

He'd get a haul but I think it would hurt next year's team a lot.

FWIW I can report as a Jackets fan that many of us Jackets fans would sell their souls to get him back.

Reactions: Toomany7pins

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Well, watching the Kraken right now feels like...
giphy.gif

This team doesn't have it and, like said above, at least it should make it an easy decision for Francis on what to do.

Reactions: kihei

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
I'm also tired of the Sprong argument but we could have had him for cheap. The finishing ability is gone from the roster.
I look at the money spent on Yamamoto, Dumoulin, Bellemare and Shore.... and it is easy to think that they could probably have made Geekie, Sprong and Donato work with Evans/Megna and that cap space, but in reality, I think Hakstol burned all those bridges last season with his handling of these players. I really believe they were all very excited to move on for better opportunities.
No one's keeping Bjorkstrand?

Yeah, I would keep Bjorkstrand. Need to insulate the upcoming kids some, and Bjorkstrand provides solid depth scoring and vet presence that provides positive influence on the young guys playing the way he does.

Good value player in his prime. (unless the offer is too good to pass up, which I can't see another GM offering due to his contract and the cap environment around the league)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad