GDT: Kraken vs Lightning, 09 Dec

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Dont think I'll watch the highlights for this one; I watched the 2nd and first 5 minutes of the 3rd live, the Kraken were playing well while I was watching and I think I want that to be what I experienced from this one, having seen the final score.

Moneypuck has Tampa's xG at 3.64 and Seattle's at 1.95, which passed the eye test as it seemed to me that Vasilevskiy probably could have done better on Oleksiak's goal for the 2nd and McCann's goal for the 3rd. Was still good to see those pucks going in for the Kraken, so I wasnt complaining.

1702215263940.png

McCann quietly the team's best forward, particularly after Schwartz's injury?

There was a sequence in the 2nd where Evans picked up the puck around the faceoff dot in the DZone to Grubauer's right, a forechecker within a few feet, uses his skating ability to evade the pressure and reset into a position behind the net giving Schultz time to get back onto the right-hand side and a system breakout to begin. I thought it the sort of play that has been missing or at best hasnt happened often enough this season, a composed defensive play where skating ability and composure with the puck fended off pressure. I suspect Evans will sit tonight due to the back-to-back, but I'm hopeful his stock is still high two games into this call-up.

On to the next one!

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
Besides the first, there was ALOT to like. I posted that the Krak would respond positively, and they did, outshooting Bolts 2-1 in the second, and playing them pretty much even up in the third. Kucherov won that game for the Bolts, along with Hagel. They got a point, so you move on and tame the Wild tonite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad