Pre-Game Talk: Kraken v Penguins - GDT May be Late Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Can I just say that:

A. people doing GDTs are very nice, and nice GDT's certainly are nice also.
B. when such nice people are pressed for time or simply cannot be arsed, just starting a thread as a venue for game-talk is well sufficient. At least for this semi-boomer.

On an unrelated but nonetheless very pertinent note, I would like to deliver my token: "I would like to see Zohorna in this one. Thank you, Mike."

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Thought the game was on Friday and Detroit Saturday. I will get it up before puck drop however it may be late in to the day.

Wanted a spot for talk.

I'm excited for this game my girlfriend has picked the Kraken as her favorite team. So she will be looking for revenge from the last time we faced.

Sounds like someone might be sleeping on the couch tonight.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
While we’re giving our token comments about who we’d like to see play, can I just add in my request once more for Sullivan to get his head out of his ass and swap McGinn and Heinen … Heinen has shown nothing with Geno but has played well with Carter…it’s ridiculous at this point to neuter two lines…just go

McGinn-Malkin-Kap
Heinen-Carter-ERod

there, much better…

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Aggravated today. I really wanted to catch this game and watch from start to finish. Check out the new expansions team, our team is on a wild hot streak at the moment. But no… Working from 7 in the morning to 9 or 10 at night tonight. Which I found out about last minute.

So please Pens, blow the f***ing squid out of the water so I can at least have some good highlights to watch after I finally get to be off work today.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Aggravated today. I really wanted to catch this game and watch from start to finish. Check out the new expansions team, our team is on a wild hot streak at the moment. But no… Working from 7 in the morning to 9 or 10 at night tonight. Which I found out about last minute.

So please Pens, blow the f***ing squid out of the water so I can at least have some good highlights to watch after I finally get to be off work today.

Better be getting some good OT then.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I still maintain that there is no such thing as Vancouver, and Seattle has major stones to get TWO NHL franchises.

On the other hand, I hear they make some really good pie there.

giphy.gif

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I want to see a structured game. Sure, we can win the run-and-gun-tit-for-tat game against Seattle but that doesn't help us long term.

Goals will come. Just limit the need for them. I'd rather this be 2-0 or 2-1 while showing superior structure than 5-4.

Reactions: Andy99 and RSPens

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
While we’re giving our token comments about who we’d like to see play, can I just add in my request once more for Sullivan to get his head out of his ass and swap McGinn and Heinen … Heinen has shown nothing with Geno but has played well with Carter…it’s ridiculous at this point to neuter two lines…just go

McGinn-Malkin-Kap
Heinen-Carter-ERod

there, much better…
I would really like to see McGinn on L2 with Geno/Kap

Reactions: Trade and Andy99

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

McGinn-Malkin-Kap
Heinen-Carter-ERod

there, much better…
You must hate Carter…

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
That McCann is the Kraken’s 1C is crazy and tells all you need to know about them…much worse than AZ’s first line lol…if we’re a contender we should curb stomp them…

also, Eberle is their Tage Thompson…we all know we can count like clockwork on him scoring a goal or two on us lol

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Based on all the chatter this year re: McCann I figured he was killin' it in Seattle.

I just had a look at his profile. Some of you need to find better things to complain about lol
He cooled off for a bit but he still has more goals than player on our team except Jake. Our own fan base was ready to write Erod a blank check until 3 weeks ago.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
One has nothing to do with the other. Aside from the fact that ERod stepped right in and did as good or better of a job as McCann ever has in a similar role.

Letting McCann walk via the ED was characterized as a huge mis-step by many. I'm not just picking on you. You're more than entitled to your opinion.

But if top line minutes and powerplay time all season yields all of 25 points (I won't cite his +/- since Seattle blows) I guess I don't see the big loss.

Reactions: RSPens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad