GDT: Kraken @ The McDraistles 11/15

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
The Oilers can't get the puck away from us.

.....until they do. OUCH and OUCH again.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Marquis

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
It's never too late for a game to go completely south on us. Expect the worst this year.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
What a time for a natural Kane hat trick. These last three games have been excruciating and for different reasons.

Hocktopus

Jul 1, 2023
BC
I love this team but this is getting beyond frustrating. Like how many games have we lost after blowing the lead this year? I ask because I have seriously lost count.

As soon as the Oliver's got their second goal, you just knew that the Kraken would find a way to piss the game away and they did not disappoint. This team absolutely has no ability to finish a game whatsoever and they better figure it out soon before the season is a complete loss

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I love this team but this is getting beyond frustrating. Like how many games have we lost after blowing the lead this year? I ask because I have seriously lost count.

As soon as the Oliver's got their second goal, you just knew that the Kraken would find a way to piss the game away and they did not disappoint. This team absolutely has no ability to finish a game whatsoever and they better figure it out soon before the season is a complete loss
Be nice to have more bodies back from Injury

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Still not sure how you can have a two goal lead with only 8 minutes to play, and then give up three goals on the exact same play to the exact same player to lose the game.

One would think someone on the bench might have said, "oh, and guys, remember not to leave Kane all alone at the backdoor" when overtime started.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I guess we've found out what this years team is good at.
It's blowing two goal leads.....

I think we'll have "fun" this season watching an up and down team that will get some wins you might not believer were possible just to drop games in a totally stupid way and finish with about 75 points.

Oh well, maybe they can draft a nice player with that #10 - #12 pick....

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
I stopped watching after McDavid's first goal, and dont think I can bring myself to go back and watch the "highlights". Especially since they are going to feature a lot of Kane. Having to watch Hyman go off last week was bad enough.

Here's what is frustrating me : last season, there were more than a few "tough losses" where it felt like the team was busting their asses and flying around but were a notch behind in overall talent. That's tolerable. Hell, I actually kind of LIKE that. Speed and hard work is fun hockey to watch.

This year it feels like the system is borked, schemes like the powerplay or the forecheck look disorganized and chaotic, and up and down the roster a couple players will randomly make "wtf"-tier mental mistakes that make you really scratch your head.

Some of that stuff...the system/scheme and the mental mistakes...would seem to land squarely on coaching and I'm not super confident that Hak is the guy to sort it out.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Has the system really changed? The roster, like every other team, has had some changes. The lines have been juggled. Things aren't working, and mistakes are being made. But Hakstol's system is the same, no?

Last year, we made mistakes. We had mediocre goaltending much of the season and gave up a lot of rushes. But we worked hard. We played fast. The lines had chemistry. We possessed the puck. Won battles. Had crisp passing. All 4 lines were scoring. The defense was scoring. We outscored our breakdowns.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00