GDT: KRAKEN @ SENS 7PM Tonight on SportsnetOne

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I thought Norris quietly had a much better game
I am in the minority obviously but I’ve liked Norris’ game for the most part, although I’ve mostly focused on his defensive game. The results are much better when he isn’t saddled with “bad” Batherson.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I am in the minority obviously but I’ve liked Norris’ game for the most part, although I’ve mostly focused on his defensive game. The results are much better when he isn’t saddled with “bad” Batherson.
Odd time to blame Batherson for Norris' game this season, Batherson had a very good game playing with Stü and Tank.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Odd time to blame Batherson for Norris' game this season, Batherson had a very good game playing with Stü and Tank.
For all his flaws at least Batherson produces

Some needs to give a lot more (Norris)

Reactions: Carl Karlsson

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
He certainly did but he’s been uninterested the rest of the year. I’ve been fine with Norris’ game all season except on the rush.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
For all his flaws at least Batherson produces

Some needs to give a lot more (Norris)
Never realized how much better Hamonic is than Brannstrom.

Brannstrom is much better than Hamonic, I’m merely pointing out there is much more to the game than simply points.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
we still have a good shot at the playoffs.

the east is in a holding pattern. and we are unquestionably one of the higher skill teams.
We have a lot of games at hand, so three teams that are above us now (just based on points versus points %) namely Columbus, Buffalo & Montreal should be quite vulnerable. That would put is in the 13th place in the Eastern Conference.

The next group of teams, namely New Jersey, Pittsburgh and TBL will be a tougher challenge though. We'd have to leap frog all three (and the Flyers as well) to get to the last wildcard slot.

So, it would be an interesting betting scenario to see if we could place above 13th place in the Eastern Conference.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Never realized how much better Hamonic is than Brannstrom.

Brannstrom is much better than Hamonic, I’m merely pointing out there is much more to the game than simply points.
Im just pointing out the production cuz those are on team to put up points specially Norris at 8MM$

Obviously Korpi is a disaster in terms of cost per points but is very valuable to this team

Last edited:

TonySoprano11

It's a very delicate situation.
Apr 8, 2006
Hayden, ID
we still have a good shot at the playoffs.
jim-mora-mora.gif

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
We have a lot of games at hand, so three teams that are above us now (just based on points versus points %) namely Columbus, Buffalo & Montreal should be quite vulnerable. That would put is in the 13th place in the Eastern Conference.

The next group of teams, namely New Jersey, Pittsburgh and TBL will be a tougher challenge though. We'd have to leap frog all three (and the Flyers as well) to get to the last wildcard slot.

So, it would be an interesting betting scenario to see if we could place above 13th place in the Eastern Conference.
It will be particularly difficult to pass both New Jersey and Tampa.

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
good considering the terrible start.

senators should be better than caps, islanders, flyers, pittsburgh is old as f***.

just need a minor 10-0-0 run or something :p
The Sens are a young team. They have the legs so perhaps the tighter schedule works in their favour.

Less rust, more cohesion and team chemistry. The players might have better conditioning, because nothing can really parallel game action. (Barring injuries).

Rather optimistic take I know, silly me.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The useless panel on Sportsnet last night brought up that the Sens players would have a hard time with their game fitness due to the massive breaks. I was pissed that they gave the team another excuse to use.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad