News Article: Kraken Press Conference 5/31/23 @ 1:00pm

garmonbozia

Jan 10, 2006
Francis extension?
Some environmental commitment over and above the arena? Or maybe some other charitable outreach?
Firebird watch parties at CPA?

Can't imagine it's something roster relevant. Timing seems off.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
So it's the Co-Owner/Co-Chair, the CEO and the GM.

Maybe something about the front office?
I've heard Olzcyk's a shoe in for the Pens president job but I doubt that's it.

Maybe a new minority owner or sponsorship deal?
Also, Jay Leach has been interviewd for coaching spots but I doubt that they'd hold a press conference for it.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Does he need one after one good year? How long was his original contract?
Not sure what his current contract is for. Maybe someone was expressing an interest in talking to him.

Think he initially signed a five year which started probably two years before first year of competition which would make next year final year.

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
I imagine they'll include some post season stuff and plans moving forward and so on, answer questions and praise everybody stuff but ya, all that for a contract extension probably.

It's possible there will be a little hierarchy restructuring though. Maybe Botterill's getting that Pittsburgh job after all if Dubas did turn it down. Maybe a little who does what changing but I'm sure it's all good.

Reactions: brewski420

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
For sure. Glad he's signed for 4 more. The great thing about that guy is you know how driven he is. He's not like a number of other GM's where the drive isn't known to hockey fans. One of the hardest working players ever, and that's so far translated to his time as GM. It took some learning in Carolina, but he built a strong base there that he never got to see. Now he's got his bumps behind him and is moving on with a team he got to build from the ground up.

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
I didn't hear any rumours about Francis going anywhere (Pitt, Leafs, etc.) but I'm good with him staying on for years to come.
Botterill was linked to Pittsburgh as their plan B I think but that's about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad