Kraken hosting GoldenKnights for 2024 Winter Classic

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I wonder what the ticket prices will be like for the Winter Classic. Love to go but won't spend a gazillion for tickets to freeze my ass off

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny
I wonder what the ticket prices will be like for the Winter Classic. Love to go but won't spend a gazillion for tickets to freeze my ass off
It will be a gazillion. The odds of frozenness are slim, though. They’ll probably have the roof on, because the bet for rain is smarter than for below freezing. (Roof covers, but does not enclose, so a marine flow might feel like it’ll freeze your patoots.)

But this got my wife interested. Shrug.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
It really should be Columbus going there since they are a fellow Snow Belt team and the Winter Classic is meant for Snow Belt teams.

Columbus can still avoid being the last Snow Belt team yet to play outdoors entering the 2024-25 season by being the road team in the Stadium Series game.

I'm fine with them being the road team in an outdoor game. The NHL missed a huge opportunity with this year's Stadium Series game; had Columbus been chosen to be the visitors, it would have matched a team from a city where college football is king (Columbus) against one where college basketball is king (Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill). The Battle of the College Sports would have been an interesting story line ratings-wise.

Reactions: BMacLeafs

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
My suggestion is Columbus VS. Detroit at Michigan Stadium which already hosted the 2014 Winter Classic.

This would reflect the rivalry between Michigan and Ohio State most prominently seen in football.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
I dunno - I think a Vegas / Seattle outdoor game sounds kind of cool.

These matches pretty much by definition are supposed to be kind of gimmicky. I can tell you I went to one outdoor game (Oilers @ Jets Heritage classic) and it was a lot of fun, though not the kind of event I need to go to many times.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
NHL Fans: Why do they keep having the same 8 or so teams in these special events? Maybe if they knew anything about marketing they could feature some other teams and that will help grow the game in those areas. Because, ya know, if the people of <insert small market city whose team that could use an injection to tix sales/revenues> could see their local team play ONE game outdoors, they might fall in love with the sport and team and rush to order season tickets and buy merchandise. I for one will not be watching the game this year as I am tired of seeing the same teams every year.

NHL: Two new (literally) teams in next years Winter Classic.

NHL Fans: Man, the league just doesn't know what they are doing. It should be <insert other small market team> vs <insert team>.

Last edited:

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
My suggestion is Columbus VS. Detroit at Michigan Stadium which already hosted the 2014 Winter Classic.

This would reflect the rivalry between Michigan and Ohio State most prominently seen in football.
Or you could put it in Ohio Stadium, so as not to make the facility redundant

Cashgrab Classic!! Brought to you by BetMGM!!!

For real, talk about scraping the bottom of the shit-barrel.
The two newest teams who are also among the best in the Western Conference.

Yeah, it should have been Pittsburgh, Philly, or Boston for the 75th time. That would be way more interesting

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Football is played outdoors in January so how cold could it be really

14816956_web1_1991_NHL_006.jpg

They ahve played ooutdoor hockey games in Las Vegas in the fall, and that was 30 years ago. I'm sure that Seattle will make it work, considering it will be 5-10 C, and not 30 C.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
I get spreading around the stadium games, but can you really say that a game played in a huge stadium with its roof up while it pours outside is a "Winter Classic"?

The game in Vancouver was ridiculous.

Reactions: Lions67

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
First American Stanley Cup Winning City vs Most Recent American Stanley Cup winning city is a fun storyline that I'm sure will get woven into the lore now.

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad