Kraken Goal Song

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Oh man, I have ridden on that Kittitas so much .. LOL. That and the Tokitae and Cathlamet. I can complain non-stop about the time I have spent in ferry lines but the ferry horns should most definitely be our goal horn .. :)

For sure. Being from outside of greater Puget Sound, the couple of dozen times I've ridden on a ferry was fun for me since it wasn't like part of a commute. I'd drive to Bremerton so some friends and I could take a ferry into the city, or cruise on one to the San Juans. Good memories.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
For sure. Being from outside of greater Puget Sound, the couple of dozen times I've ridden on a ferry was fun for me since it wasn't like part of a commute. I'd drive to Bremerton so some friends and I could take a ferry into the city, or cruise on one to the San Juans. Good memories.
I hear you .. ha ha. I mean every time someone comes to visit us they rave about how nice the ferry ride is and how beautiful it is. And there is absolutely no denying that. It just does not make good for a daily commute.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
WA ferry goal horn for sure, that's a no-brainer.

I agree with the comment that the Tacoma's horn sounds the best, since there is some variation.

Going to go out on a bit of a limb with the goal song and steer away from the usual local stereotype playlist...I haven't thought of the perfect individual song yet, but would prefer something more metal instead of all the grunge I've been sick of since 1995. I know it's going to happen, though.

Most goal horns are marine/train air horns made by Kahlenberg, and Tacoma uses the same brand (though I could not find out which model). Horns will not sound the same indoors because of acoustics, the Wings chose to use a recording in their new arena which is WAF. I'll be happy as long as they use an actual air horn after that disappointment.
List of airhorn models used by all NHL Teams : hockey (reddit.com)

I'm more about the horn than the song, but getting back on subject, here's a list:
Power ranking all 31 NHL goal songs: Where does your team place? | Sporting News

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
My suggestions for goal songs.
(stolen from Sound of Hockey :D )
Also, my choice while the team hits the ice
Turnaround is a great song to use.
Foo Fighters music would be great too like maybe Monkey Wrench or something
Dave Grohl dropping the first pick would be epic.

Nirvana/FooFighters/JimiHendrix/PearlJam/MudHoney
Seattle would have the best music in the NHL by far.
It sucks Anaheim doesn't use No Doubt/OffSpring/SugarRay(90s era only).

Last edited:
Reactions: Interior Cascadian

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
It was staring me in the face the whole time.
Local rock heroes that taught even Nirvana how to do it, and this is their most accessible and catchy tune.

There are even a couple of different parts of the song that would work well as a goal song or an intro.

Forgot about that song. I love the in your face intro. Excellent choice.

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
As a guy who grew up in Seattle and loved the music in the 90s.....PLEASE NO GRUNGE!!! It's long played out at sporting events. Man in the box, however, seems like a no brainer when going on the PP.

Reactions: sigma six

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Enterance song should totaly be

at 20 seconds they come out on the ice and the Fancy light show commences. At 57 seconds they light up the arena and the crowd goes

Good pump up song and gets the fans to participate.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia

at 20 seconds they come out on the ice and the Fancy light show commences. At 57 seconds they light up the arena and the crowd goes

Not bad, but if doing the wrestling thing this is Daniel Bryan territory after all.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

We need a "if NHL teams were WWE Superstars, whose entrance theme would they use?" thread.

But as much as I like Balor's entrance, Ciampa's theme when he returned from knee surgery is my favorite

Obvious ones would be
Flames using Kane's theme, and the Hurricanes using The Hurricane's theme song...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad