Kraken Goal Song

Burgmania

Buffalo's Hockey Soundtrack
Apr 16, 2007
Buffalo, NY
As we get closer and closer to Opening Night in Seattle (and as a game presentation nut), I'm curious to see what Seattle faithful think should play when the Kraken score a goal at Climate Pledge Arena.

The last expansion franchise hit the nail on the head with 'Vegas Lights' from Panic! at the Disco. It's a catchy tune & mentions the city (the first point is quite important, the second is gravy).

I had made a concept horn / song using Pearl Jam's "Lightning Bolt". Do you see the Kraken embracing their 90s rock music heritage, or do you see them going in another direction?

I'm excited to see the responses here. Thanks for your time.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Maybe viking fog horn(Kraken Norse mythology) along with rotation of Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Queensrÿche,Alice in Chains, and Soundgarden songs?

Last edited:
Reactions: Toomany7pins

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
WA State Ferry Horn along with an absolute CLASSIC song local to Seattle (No Hendrix please, it's just not that type of music) and you'll have a winning combo. I'm picking Soundgarden's Big Dumb Sex and immediately getting fired, but it would be good for a laugh.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
WA ferry goal horn for sure, that's a no-brainer.

I agree with the comment that the Tacoma's horn sounds the best, since there is some variation.

Going to go out on a bit of a limb with the goal song and steer away from the usual local stereotype playlist...I haven't thought of the perfect individual song yet, but would prefer something more metal instead of all the grunge I've been sick of since 1995. I know it's going to happen, though.

Reactions: Puckrobber

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
As we get closer and closer to Opening Night in Seattle (and as a game presentation nut), I'm curious to see what Seattle faithful think should play when the Kraken score a goal at Climate Pledge Arena.

The last expansion franchise hit the nail on the head with 'Vegas Lights' from Panic! at the Disco. It's a catchy tune & mentions the city (the first point is quite important, the second is gravy).

I had made a concept horn / song using Pearl Jam's "Lightning Bolt". Do you see the Kraken embracing their 90s rock music heritage, or do you see them going in another direction?

I'm excited to see the responses here. Thanks for your time.
Smells like Teen Spirit

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
^I like this idea, feels like it would mesh well with the whole undersea monster thing. Plenty of soundtrack to be found in the pirate/ viking metal genres as well.

Reactions: SoldiersOfFilth

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Seattle had better DAMNED well use the ferry horn as their goal horn. That will immediately become one of the more intimidating goal horns in not only the NHL but all of hockey.

Last edited:

wraparound

May 17, 2014

I agree with the comment that the Tacoma's horn sounds the best, since there is some variation.

Going to go out on a bit of a limb with the goal song and steer away from the usual local stereotype playlist...I haven't thought of the perfect individual song yet, but would prefer something more metal instead of all the grunge I've been sick of since 1995. I know it's going to happen, though.

Tacoma horn or bust

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Thunderstruck is best right before puck drop as team comes on the ice. But it is too generic I agree.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
It was staring me in the face the whole time.
Local rock heroes that taught even Nirvana how to do it, and this is their most accessible and catchy tune.

There are even a couple of different parts of the song that would work well as a goal song or an intro.

wraparound

May 17, 2014
It was staring me in the face the whole time.
Local rock heroes that taught even Nirvana how to do it, and this is their most accessible and catchy tune.

There are even a couple of different parts of the song that would work well as a goal song or an intro.

taste!

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
What a dream it would be if we were so fortunate to have a Melvins song played at a game. It actually sounds like something that would be great for when the players came out. It'll NEVER happen though.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

Oh man, I have ridden on that Kittitas so much .. LOL. That and the Tokitae and Cathlamet. I can complain non-stop about the time I have spent in ferry lines but the ferry horns should most definitely be our goal horn .. :)

Reactions: sigma six

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad